Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is looking for an automation engineer.
- Department: Energy Automation & Information Technology
- Job reports to: Manager – Energy Automation & Information Technology
- Direct Reports: Instrumentation Technician
Electrical & instrumentation Engineering provides mine-wide electrical engineering support for AC/DC electrical equipment including power generation, electrical distribution, drives, breakers, transformers, PLC controls and related works. The incumbent will be required to perform process control and PLC programming of plant and electrical equipment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve automation design and construction execution problems and ensure that the plant and infrastructure are built to design specifications.
- Carry out PLC programming and process control
- Review all engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing, and constructing instrumentation systems and their components.
- Analyze technical drawings, interpret specifications, and determine the instrumentation and control requirements of a given project.
- Supervise other engineers and clients to build reliable, quality instrumentation and control systems to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage and monitor all assigned instrumentation and control projects and contractors including installation, calibration, repairs, programming, and process control.
- Complete quality assurance on all automation, low voltage, instrumentation and control components and projects, and writing up reports.
- Analyzing and recommending approvals for various construction and engineering plans.
- Assists in the reviews of technical designs, and recommends selection of suitable electrical equipment and instrumentation, cables and other system components based on process/project requirements to assist the procurement/commercial team. This includes assisting in the design & detailed engineering of electrical and instrumentation work scope for the gold processing plant.
- Performs any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum qualification (s)
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minerals Commission Inspecting Engineer Certificate of Competence is a must.
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s License B
- Registered member of the Ghana Institute of Engineering (GhIE) will be an advantage.
- 10 years hands-on experience in Instrument & Automation functions or similar roles.
- Proven working experience in the gold mining or oil and gas industry with at least 6 years Senior Electrical /Instrumentation /Process Control level experience including large-scale fixed asset management.
- Ability to work in a team and always remain professional.
- Should possess an analytical mind and a high level of PLC programming language and SCADA Systems.
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation and process control systems.
- Ability to analyze PID and PFDs.
- Ability to solve complex process control problems using process algorithms.
- Appreciable level of knowledge in Low Voltage and control wiring systems.
- Familiar with project design concepts, procedures, and tools.
- Good understanding of hazard identification and mitigation and risk assessment at the workplace.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and superb mindset in managing contractors and Technicians.
- Strong PLC programming, SCADA systems and networking skills
- Strong in instrumentation and control systems
- Experience with CAD software and MS Office.
- Strong communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement mindset.
Leadership and behavioural attributes
- Ability to train and mentor team members and demonstrate safety leadership.
- Willingness and ability to perform fieldwork in an extreme mining environment.
- Ability to influence
- Teamwork and collaborative skills
- Efficiency and Quality
- Thorough and Meticulous
- Critical thinking and analytical
Special conditions or requirements of the Job
(Please list items such as overtime required, shift work required, appointments, legal requirements, etc. in this space)
- The working environment is multi-cultural and hence sensitivity is required.
- Valuing diversity and inclusion practices are essential.
- Extended working hours involved.
- Stringent deadlines
- High volume work
- Routine / non-routine duties
- Medically fit for the position and environment
How To Apply: Automation Engineer At Cardinal Namdini Mining
|Application Process||When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
|Closing Date||25th October, 2023|
|Note||Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted|
|Disclaimer||CNML is an equal opportunities employer and does not ask for money transfers (payments or considerations) from job applicants during ANY stage of the recruitment process. Any applicant/ job-seeker who pays any money/consideration to any person (within or outside CNML) with an expectation or a promise of getting/offering a job does so at his/her own risk.|
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE