AWDF Wishes to engage the services of a Junior Finance Assistant (Short-term).
Job Summary For The Junior Finance Assistant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Junior Finance Assistant is required to provide support to the Finance Department of the organisation to achieve the overall objectives of accountability, transparency and integrity in the planning and implementation of AWDF’s work. The post holder must demonstrate the highest levels of integrity at all times and in all aspects of the work and maintain strict confidentiality.
See Also: Permanent Job Offer At Perbi Cubs
- Provide support for the processing of transactions and accounts payable to supplier
- Prepare vouchers and process payments for authorised local suppliers (ie online, cheques and bank transfers)
Filing and Documentation
- File all supporting documents for every transaction for easy access and reference. Follow-up and ensure that payments are received and duly acknowledged by the recipient.
Updating of Accounting Software reporting and reconciliation
- Post all transactions (with the exception of grants, salaries and other journals) into the accounting software.
- Prepare and reconcile all cash books to the bank statements accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of detailed periodic financial reports to stakeholders
- Support all external and internal audits of the organisation
- Take minutes of all departmental meetings
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Participate in the monitoring visits of grantees to assess their financial management
Essential Knowledge And Experience:
- Understanding of accrual accounting and their impact on the statement of financial position and performance
- Able to make presentations to a small group and deal with questions raised
- Able to write
- Able to review requests for payment and identify exception
- Knowledge and experience working on the Sun System Accounting software
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Ability maintain confidentiality
- 3 years’ experience in Finance Department
- A relevant degree in Finance/Accounting
Duration of Assignment:
The assignment shall be for 6 months from the day of engagement.
Job Location: AWDF House, Accra – Ghana
All staff members must demonstrate AWDF Core values in all their professional relationships and any interactions that may reflect on AWDF:
- Inclusive Diversity
- Feminist Leadership
- Professionalism, accountability and stewardship
- Solidarity and Partnerships
AWDF has a Zero Tolerance Approach to all forms of corruption which is an offence for which immediate dismissal without benefits will result.
How To Submit An Application For Junior Finance Assistant (Short-term) At AWDF
Tap Here to apply.
For more details, Check Here
Deadline: Tuesday, 10th January, 2023.
Due to our limited capacity, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for additional information and interviews.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE