Here is the new career opportunity of iDE Ghana. iDE Ghana, an international Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in the Agriculture, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors is recruiting Farm Business Coordinators for Northern Region, Savanna Region, Upper West Region, North East and Upper East Region.
|Farm Business Coordinators
|CONTRACT TYPE :
|Full Time (Fixed Term)
|Yendi, Gusheigu, Karaga, Salaga,Jiripa and Wa West, Talensi, Bawku West, Bolga East, Bolga Municipal, Bongo, Kasenakana,North East, East and West Mamprusi.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Farm Business Coordinators (FBCs) are the last mile connection to Farm Business Advisors and farmers. FBCs will step down agronomic knowledge to increase productivity and quality to meet market standards, including special market opportunities for the FBAs and Farmers. They will provide backstopping to FBAs and farmers whenever new agronomic challenges are faced.
- Reports directly to the Agric Production Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the registration of new communities and farmer groups using mobile platforms.
- Ensure daily supervision of farm activities and farmers participation in line with the production protocols and timelines.
- Provide on-farm support to farmers to increase adoption of climate smart practices.
- Set-up demonstration farms at the community levels and provides extension services to farmers.
- Support in nursery establishment and transplanting process during the crop season.
- Keep an updated farm record and provide daily/weekly updates to supervisors on any challenges encountered by farmers.
- Mobilize farmers to be available for all farming activities and group meetings.
- Ensure adequate safe keeping of farm tools and equipment and report any damage item immediately to the supervisor.
- Serve as a linkage between farmers and agro-input dealers, mechanization service providers and buyers during the crop season.
- Support supervisor to identify market opportunities for sale of farmers produce after harvest.
- Coordinate harvest and sorting of farmers produce to minimize post-harvest challenges to the barest minimum.
- Facilitate the formation of Village Saving and Loans Association groups and monitor their weekly meetings at the community.
- Work with Community stakeholders and mainstream gender into all Agric project activities.
- Monitor household nutrition practices and offer advice.
- Perform any other related activities to this role.
Required Skills or Experience
- Graduate with Diploma level in Agriculture or Agribusiness
- At least 1 years’ work experience in vegetable crop production and 2 or more other branches of agriculture.
- Has a valid driver’s license and owns a mode of transportation(motorbike)
- Experience working in rural communities is an asset.
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good spoken Likpakpan, Gonja, Dagbani, Frafra/Gruni, Kusal, Mampruli, Waali, Dagaari, Sissala, Gonja, Taling, Kasem depending on the region of preference.
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficient.
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment where ideas build on one another.
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Driven to achieve results.
- Able to work under pressure without complaining.
- Willingness to work in hard-to reach communities.
- Able to work in a multicultural team.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Confident, organized, and good communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role.
- High level of commitment to IDE’s values and objectives
- Extremely responsible approach to all tasks
How To Apply: Career Opportunity at iDE Ghana
Interested candidates below 40 years who meet the above criteria should send their applications and CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd February 2024.
All suitable applicants should indicate their preferred location as their application email subject.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE