Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Do you have a proven experience in this field? Do you want to contribute to a committed group, seeking to have a positive and sustainable impact? Advans Ghana, a leading MFI, has the position you are looking for.
The position of a recovery officer is available at Advans Ghana.
The position is a permanent role and is based in our Head Office- Accra.
What will your role be?
- Reporting to the Head of Recovery
The Recovery Officer is responsible:
- For the collection of debts prior to legal recovery proceedings commencing, negotiating payments, handling defaulters’ enquiries and providing administrative assistance
- Assisting in implementing the operational policies, procedures, guidelines and work on prevention, detection and correction of risks related to the above-mentioned core activities. Most importantly prevent Advans Ghana from losing more than it has invested.
- Overseeing the Pre-Litigation portfolio (PAR 90 and Write Off loans) and work closely with the Client Relationship Officer to recover any amount owed to Advans. Officers will be assigned to a team.
DUTIES AND/OR PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- To meet agreed performance targets and provide a quality service with a high level of Customer Care. To develop and operate effective working practices that promotes the smooth running of the Unit.
- To be prepared to visit debtors to prompt payment and personally serve Demand Notices to debtors while adhering to Advans Ghana policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain a working knowledge of policies, procedures and guidance and to work with them. And be able to keep abreast of changes in legislature, national and local trends.
- Must be able to investigate and locate absconded clients and recover any amount due.
- To liaise directly with relevant external agencies, Police, Valuators, Auctioneers, Lawyers.
- To identify risk and prevent fraudulent application by other team members as well as clients. And must be able to give advice on major risk issues on the market for implementation.
- To ensure cash collection on payment control is administered in line with Audit requirements.
- To take part in Performance Management reviews with the team leader to ensure that individual targets are achieved to support the aims and objectives contained in the service plan
- To promote and apply the standard and principles of Advans Ghana and manage resources ensuring that the delivery of services continue to be cost effective.
- To undertake other relevant duties that may be required.
- Prospection, Recovery
- Dealing with difficult defaulting clients.
- Poor addressing system impedes the search for the location of clients and guarantors.
- Delays in court processes tend to affect recoveries of bad debt.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least an HND and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in Banking/Micro Finance and specifically Debt Recoveries in a financial institution.
How To Apply For The Recovery Officer Position At Advans Ghana
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE