You will have responsibility for developing and delivering communications and marketing plans for student recruitment in selected regions as well as providing support to other activities which are delivered within the External Relations department. You will have experience of working in international student recruitment and a proven track record of direct sales and marketing.
The role will require some travel both in the UK and overseas.
- Delivery of international recruitment targets for the specific region.
- Development, agreement and delivery of student recruitment marketing plans for specified markets in line with agreed departmental and institutional plans.
- Produce and distribute relevant market performance and management data in support of international recruitment activity.
- Planning and attendance at student recruitment events in target markets, including making arrangements for travel, accommodation and freight for marketing materials.
- Planning and liaising for online activities, such as webinars and social media activities, to support recruitment plans.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and counselling to prospective students, potential sponsors and other key stakeholders in the student recruitment process.
- Manage a network of educational / recruitment agents in the agreed region. This will include agreement and selection of educational agencies, setting and managing performance targets, and ongoing monitoring and support.
- Develop links and relationships with schools, colleges, universities, academic institutions, ministry contacts, University of Derby alumni and other contacts to support university recruitment activities.
- Contribute to the development of relevant international web pages and promotional materials, for internal and external distribution within agreed institutional guidelines.
- Liaise with the Customer Relationship Management and Admissions systems for the maintenance of a database of leads, enquiries and applicants.
- Undertake duties, as required, in support of operational demands within the department.
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent qualification, or equivalent level of experience
- Experience of working in an international recruitment environment
- Proven track record in direct sales/marketing
- Experience of managing agents and customer relationship management
- Experience of developing marketing plans and implementing and delivering these plans to achieve a specified outcome/target
- Experience of managing multi-channel marketing campaigns from end to end
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Extensive knowledge of recruitment of students
- Demonstrable knowledge of education requirements and systems in student recruitment
- Strong written standard and oral communications skills
- Cross-culturally aware sales skills
- Well-developed IT skills with the ability to produce and analyse management reports and data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team working skill
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to the needs of international students
- Ability to use initiative and work without supervision
- Ability to represent the University in a positive and professional manner
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly, including weekends
- Willingness and ability to undertake significant overseas travel on behalf of the university for up to 12 weeks of the year
- Demonstrates the core values of the University
How to Apply: International Recruitment Lead – Comms
If you require any assistance, including the provision of any documentation in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team at email@example.com.
Please note all applications must be submitted online by Midnight GMT on the closing date of the vacancy.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
Whilst this role is eligible for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker Route, we recommend that you assess your individual eligibility before applying for this position.
Visit https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa for more information.
To be eligible for sponsorship you must provide evidence that you hold all essential qualifications listed on the job description. Please note, equivalent experience will not be accepted as evidence of the essential qualifications.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
The University of Derby is committed to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion. However you identify, we actively celebrate the knowledge, experience and talents each person brings. Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds; therefore we are particularly interested to hear from applicants who will help our leaders and teams be more reflective of our student population.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE