There a job vacancy for Communications Superintendent at AngloGold Ashanti.
Role Purpose And Context At:
The purpose of the Communications Superintendent role at Anglogold is to lead the Communications subfunction of the Sustainability Department to develop a more visible and enviable corporate image and effectively establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between the mine and the public towards securing social license for the mine.
See Also: Lancaster University Ghana Job Recruitment
Key Accountabilities At Anglogold:
- Ensure compliance with Safety KPIs through Planned Task Observations, Positive / Hazards Observation and Reporting, Workplace Visits / Inspections, etc.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures issued by the Head of Department
- Build and sustain a team of direct reports capable of producing required outputs and model the team’s work behaviours consistent with the company values
- Plan and deploy financial resources assigned within the approved frameworks to ensure the delivery of all strategic initiatives within budget and time frame agreed.
- Develop and implement effective communication plan for various situations or crises
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communication strategies including analyzing media coverage, define target audience, and identify what platforms will help scaling public relations efforts
- Organise media campaigns to improve public access to information
- Develop and maintain a positive media relation at local, regional, and national levels
- Manage active social media presence of the Obuasi Mine to improve brand visibility and positive story communication
- Support organization of mine events such as conferences, launches, press tours, etc
- Develop speeches and media kits for events and programmes for effective story pitching
- Ensure the mine website is up to date
- Ensure compliance with AGA brand requirements
Check Also: Mass Recruitment For Fresh Graduates At Acreaty
Qualification And Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in Data Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- 5 years’ experience in similar line of work
- A good knowledge and understanding of the mining industry and internationally applicable standards relevant to mining and sustainable development (ICMM, IFC, ESG, VPSHR, GEITI, etc.)
- A good understanding of the business functions in alignment with organizational priorities and audience needs and preferences
- A good experience in defining, creating, and delivering clear, consistent, compelling content that effectively tells the organization’s story
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Solid experience with social media including blogs
- Experience in event planning
- Hands on experience in standard report writing and presentation
How To Submit An Application For Communications Superintendent (AngloGold)
To send your application online, click on this Link
Deadline: 3rd December, 2022
CLICK HERE FOR MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE