There is a job vacancy for Shift Boss At Chirano Gold Mines Limited. The position will provide technical support to the Underground Operations Team and have oversight responsibility on all underground mining activities in accordance to established policies, practices and procedures.
Formulate strategic plans to ensure continued growth of the Mine Operations Team and to maximize operational safety, efficiencies and profitability.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the mine on your shift in both development and production of a trackless mechanized mine and also actively participate in the company’s Continuous Improvement programme.
- Responsible for all aspects of Development Drilling, Production Drilling, Charging and Blasting, Bogging, Hauling Systems and Methodologies.
- Answer queries and assist Mine Captains in handling requests related to mine operations.
- Discuss short-range mine plans with the Mine Captains and Chief Mining Engineer to ensure they are realistic and achievable.
- Monitor equipment availability and assess production priorities based on availability of equipment.
- Participate and/or develop applicable Standard Operating Procedures for Underground Operations.
- Assist in preparing reports and completing documentations related to Mine Operations.
- Provide training, workplace inspection and safety awareness to contractors and CGML Operations staff.
- Perform any other duty assigned by Supervisor
Education, Work Experience & Key Competencies:
- Degree in Mining Engineering or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Statutory certification as an Underground Supervisor/Shift Boss.
- Holder of Mine Rescue, Blasting and valid First Aid Certificates.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in any underground mining operation.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations 2012 L.I. 2182, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Knowledge of various underground methods.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License and ability to drive underground.
- Ability to operate any Underground equipment will be an added advantage.
How To Submit An Application For job vacancy for Shift Boss (Chirano Gold Mines)
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to: Chiranohr.email@example.com with Shift Boss indicated in the subject line.
Closing Date: Sunday, 27th November 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE