British Council Women in STEM Scholarships is accepting applications for 2023/2024.
Are you a woman with a degree in a STEM subject and passionate about your study? You could receive a scholarship to study a master’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics programme at a leading UK university.
Or, if you have completed a PhD in STEM in the last three years, you could apply for a scholarship for an Early Academic Fellowship.
Now in its third year, the British Council Women in STEM Scholarships programme is working in partnership with 19 UK universities with the aim of benefiting women from the Americas, South Asia, East Asia, Western Balkans, Central Asia, Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, and Turkey.
We are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
Why a scholarship programme?
This scholarship programme aims to increase opportunities in STEM for girls and women, and according to data from the UN Scientific Education and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), in 2019 fewer than 30 percent of researchers worldwide are women and only 30 percent of female students select STEM-related fields in higher education, but this number has slowly been gaining momentum with it currently siting at 35% (Anon, 2022).
A subject breakdown between 2017-18 showed that females studying STEM subjects was particularly low. Computer Sciences, Engineering & Technology, with 19% opposed to 81% with males. Physical sciences and mathematics and statistics are stronger at 39% and 37% respectively (with their counterparts at 61 and 63% respectively).
Best Business Ideas For Women in 2023
List of Scholarships for Women 2023/2024
Applicants can apply from the following countries:
|For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships (PhD must be completed for fellowships)||India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal or Sri Lanka,Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam|
|For Masters Scholarships only||Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia or Uzbekistan
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru or Venezuela
We are looking for women who:
- Can take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2023 – 2024.
- Can demonstrate a need for financial support.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university (for Masters level) or completed all components of PhD in the last three years (for Early Academic Fellowships).
- Can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university.
- Are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area.
- Are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni.
Full eligibility criteria are available below in the documents section – please note that the eligibility for a Master’s Scholarship and Early Academic Fellowships are different.
- Academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- Economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- Special support for mothers
- English language support (IELTS)
What You Need To Know About Study In France
List of Fully Funded Scholarships in USA for African students
Requirements To Study in Canada 2022/2023
How To Apply For The British Council Women in STEM Scholarships 2023
All applicants have to apply for STEM scholarships directly to the universities. The application link and the official website link are provided below. Pick your country to learn about the application process for that country.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE