There is a new job opening at Newmont Mining Corporation for fresh graduates. The slot available is in the position of the EPCM Manager, Akyem Underground.
About The Role:
- To direct owner’s engineering and technical personnel and coordinate major and complex projects and technical plans/ activities as part of developing a business.
- To conduct and direct the business execution plan including risk management, design, engineering, procurement, cost scheduling, construction activities, start-up, turnover, and completion.
- To coordinate efforts by consultants and business teams in order to complete work within time and cost parameters and make work ‘fit for purpose’.
Apply For: SHS/ HND/ Degree Jobs At SBP Africa
Project Engineering Management
- Provide guidance, coordination and management of the owner’s project engineering team members and functions as the home office EPC/ CM manager.
- Direct the execution planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling and construction activities of the business by coordinating efforts of various internal department, project development team and outside consulting resources.
- Provide inputs to and ensure the EPC/CM Contractor develops, monitors and maintains a quality plan (schedule), cost control/ trend system and materials management program.
- Act as a primary liaison with the EPC (or EPCM) Contractor’s engineering team and manage their activities and all deliverables per requirement in the prime Agreement.
- Ensure the engineering aspects of the scope of work for the project are clearly-defined and are approved by the appropriate personnel.
- Manage the design to provide suitable facilities for operations and maintenance. Also overview the development of the engineering design which offers safe working conditions both during and after construction.
- Manage the process for system turnover, pre-commissioning, process commissioning, performance testing, mechanical completion, practical completion and final completion per contract requirement.
- Have an oversight over engineering productivity levels, quality assurance procedures and coordination procedures by the implementation Contractor’s engineering team.
- Overview the preparation of the submission of “as-built” document as well as development of the project operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assist with the activities associated with pre-commission, handover and during the defects liabilities period for each facility and attend meetings and presentations as required.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
- Bachelor of Science in an applicable Engineering discipline.
- Strong knowledge in engineering and construction management.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 years’ experience project engineering management experience including experience with greenfield and international projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced levels of technical communication, personal interaction and presentation skills required.
- Ability to create a dynamic business team and promote communication and teamwork within the department.
- Ability to manage both internal and external business relations and resolve construction logistics, supply and timeline.
- You will be exposed to a combination of office and UG mining site conditions.
- Work areas will include underground mine areas, rough terrain and exploration sites.
- Other working conditions include:
- Travel to attend business meetings.
- Travel to assist other sites or projects.
- Extended work schedule on-site when required.
How To Submit An Application For The Job Slot At Newmont Mining Corporation
Tap Here to apply
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE