There is a job vacancy for the position of Director (Institutional Research and Planning Office) at the University of Ghana, Legon.
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, (Research, Innovation and Development), the main responsibility of the Director, Institutional Research and Planning is to oversee institutional data collection, reporting and management in support of strategic planning, assessment and benchmarking activities.
See Also: Open Slot At Accra Compost & Recycling Plant
The Director will provide information and analytic support to senior management to facilitate strategic planning, policy-making, resource allocation, enrolment management and other processes requiring sound strategic and quantitative analysis.
The position will require external liaisons at national, continental and international levels in order to advise senior decision makers with recommendations regarding submissions or input required by any of these constituencies and to conduct benchmarking.
The Director shall:
- Provide professional and technical services for effective strategic planning and management at the University of Ghana.
- Work closely with relevant units of the University to ensure that appropriate data warehouses are developed and maintained.
- Coordinate, integrate and execute appropriate institutional research and planning initiatives as determined by the strategic direction of the University
- Prepare short, medium and long term enrolment plans and monitor the University’s enrolment activities.
- Monitor, review and report broad industry trends in higher education regarding collection, analysis, and reporting practices to keep the University current with evolving national and international best practices.
Read Also: How To Buy Treasury Bills with MTN Mobile Money (MoMo)
- Initiate surveys and studies to answer questions relevant to the University and to keep the University informed about broad issues with respect to higher education.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analyses of data that focuses on cost- effectiveness of the University’s programmes and critical academic indicators relevant to higher education.
- Coordinate the preparation of data and compliance reports for internal and external reporting needs.
Qualifications And Attributes:
Applicants must have:
- A good first degree as well as an advanced degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline with experience in institutional research and strategic planning.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’post qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position, with experience in research and analysis, academic administration, university planning and policy development.
- Awareness of funding and enrolment reporting in the higher education sector and their intersection with university policies and strategic direction.
- Competency in the use of a wide variety of ICT tools, including appropriate software for quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis.
- Understanding of processes involved in university decision processes, policy development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with members of the University community.
- Knowledge about the management information systems of the University and a keen sense of data nuances in the Higher Education industry
Job Vacancy For College Librarian at Peki College of Education
SDD University of Business and Integrated Development Studies Jobs
Job Opening At Webster University
Lancaster University Ghana Job Recruitment
How To Submit An Application For Director of Institutional Research and Planning Office
To submit an application, kindly click on this Link
Closing Date: 23rd December, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE