Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Do you have a proven experience in this field? Do you want to contribute to a committed group, seeking to have a positive and sustainable impact? Advans Ghana, a leading MFI, has the position you are looking for.
The position is a permanent role and is based in our Head Office- Accra.
What will your role be?
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Head, Learning and Development will lead in the planning and execution of the company’s training and development strategy. The role holder will provide insight into developing learning modules that align with the institution’s strategy for people development and growth.
Read On: Latest Job Vacancies At Canwin Hotel
Training and development
- Identify current and future learning and development needs through job analysis, results from the career development scheme, performance appraisals and workforce planning, analyzing goals and strategy of the institution.
- Collaborate with the other trainers and the supervisors/managers to elaborate the general training program and the individual training plans.
- Update and improve existing training materials. Review all existing training material by liaising with Heads of Departments (HODs)and propose new updates and improvements when needed with changes in the external environment, new ADVANS products, modified procedures, network extension and others.
- Participate in designing training programs based on needs identified for staff.
- Develop course contents and training materials (including digital) with departmental heads and other experienced staff members vetted by the training committee when needed.
- Collaborate with departmental heads in the implementation of training needs/ training plan and ensure that at any point in time all employees have the required skills and knowledge to perform their duties. This shall be done through refresher or capacity building courses for all staff.
- Plan with the training committee on appropriate facilitators. e.g., Trainers, Professors, Managers, Supervisors and provide necessary training materials in line with the corporate needs.
- Contribute to building a local training team and ensure they are participating and deliver on the institutions overall training objectives for the year.
- Develop and implement an exhaustive training plan/timetable for all employees ensuring that implementation is within budget.
- Ensures that HODs adhere to the agreed training plan for staff within their departments.
- Design and facilitate training sessions, through presentations or related activities.
- Participate by carrying out duties assigned during the general Performance management process.
- Facilitate refresher programmes on products and services, policies and procedures for staff at all levels.
- Participate in implementing staff development programmes for the branches.
- Ensure staff identified for trainings are duly informed and given the required information before trainings using an effective marketing approach.
- Ensure that all new recruits are oriented and inducted into the institution through an effective inception program.
- Develop an extensive profiling of all trainees for Branch management and Operations for assist with areas to focus on during shadowing.
- Monitor the entire shadowing process to ensure effectiveness of the process.
Coaching and Follow-up
- Develop follow up plans for all trainees after the classroom trainings
- Conduct follow ups on all new recruits within a minimum of 3 months after training in the branches and on the field.
- Assist in extracting data on individuals identified for coaching after the annual performance discussion or as suggested by HODs/branch management.
- Assist in the monitoring of coaching plans by HODs/branch management for completion and documentation.
- Follow up on action points identified after coaching by the coaching plan for HODs/branch management for completion and report to the Head of training.
- Develop a coaching plan which corresponds with budget for the year.
- Assist branch management where possible with coaching for all staff identified for this process and monitor their progress biweekly.
- Assist other trainers in the area of their work and suggest effective ways of doing tasks.
- Contribute in preparing the training budget for the year based on the training plan and monitor same.
Evaluation and Reporting
- Conduct and Develop evaluation reports on all trainings conducted within the institution.
- Develop and update a tracker for all trainings with Participants list, facilitators, and other relevant information.
- Review all training reports by L&D Officers and report to CHRO and Executive Management on the monthly training activities.
- Develop mechanism for and lead in monitoring and measuring training impact assessment to ensure added value, high productivity, capability and competencies.
- Track monthly and other trainings to ensure adherence to agreed training plan for the year.
- Supervise the provision of all training logistics and collaboratively address any issues that may arise.
- Responsible for the overall management of the training centers/logistics
- Lead in providing all logistical support needed for training including setting up of training room, requesting for accommodation, refreshment/feeding etc.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the CHRO.
- Untimely Feedback on Information on Training Needs
- Lack of urgent response support from other departments on Training related matters
- Inadequate Logistics Needed for Training
- Difficulty In Getting Staff Out of Office for Trainings
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Administration (HR) option or a relevant field
- At least five (5) years working experience in a similar role with some supervisory experience
- Must be digital savvy and having been exposed to digital learning systems & methodologies
- Experience in planning, developing and evaluating learning and development plans.
Latest Openings: Fresh Employment Opportunity At Absa Bank
How To Apply For The Head, Learning and Development Position At Advans Ghana
Visit the Career and Talents portal on the HRIS to apply. Alternatively, you may use the link: https://advans.aragon-erh.com/mobility_portal/index/GHA
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE