Here is the Latest Job Opening For Driver at FHI 360.
Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Project (ASBC) seeks to promote measurable and sustainable social and behavior change in 17 priority districts in the areas of malaria, family planning, nutrition, maternal and child health, emerging infectious diseases and COVID in target populations (women of reproductive age, newborns, children <5, adolescents/youth <25 and others). The ASBC project activities are designed to:
- promote sustainability of a capacitated Ghana Health Service- Health Promotion Division (Result 1);
- improve health-seeking behavior change and impact at individual and community levels (Result 2); and,
- promote private enterprise and CSO support for the public health agenda (Result 3).
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. He/she will provide driving services to ASBC staff, Consortium Partners, Consultants, HQ staff on TDY in country, or any other authorized persons.
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Driving office vehicles for transportation of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport; providing country information and other general assistance to official visitors.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in event of an accident.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively
- Skill in the operation of commercial passenger vans or equivalent and in records maintenance.
- Knowledge of Greater Accra and surrounding areas, and key information on geo-political history of Ghana.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance checks on small vehicles and to identify vehicle problems and malfunctions
- Knowledge of basic first aid.
- Knowledge of state traffic laws and regulations governing the operation of a passenger vehicle.
- Basic Education Certificate with pass in English and/or minimum of 10year experience working for International NGO’s especially USAID funded projects
- Ability to write and speak basic English.
- Active and Valid Driver’s license
How To Apply – Job Opening For Driver at FHI 360
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.