Current Opportunities at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA). We are seeking the services of a Grant Officer. The Grant Officer will report to the Associate Director of Grants and Contracts. He/she will work closely with Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone country offices to support their awards portfolios throughout the entire lifecycle.
What does innovation for poverty action do?
IPA is a non-profit research and policy organization that seeks out and advocates effective solutions to global poverty issues.
- Provide guidance to West Africa staff and country offices on grants and subawards compliance issues related to US Government and sponsor rules and regulations, as well as IPA’s policies.
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staffers as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to grant management procedures.
- Ensure post-award management in accordance with relevant regulations, including but not limited to reporting, audits, etc. in accordance with USAID and Program directives, policies, and procedures.
- Support the evaluation of grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to grant management procedures.
- Liaise with subgrantees and relevant IPA teams to complete due diligence checks, negotiate subgrant agreements, and process amendments.
- Review grants and subaward expenditures and other financial analyses on a monthly/ quarterly basis as required.
- Supports the design and implementation of IPA grants database systems, workflow processes, and procedures related to procurement and sub-awards.
- Ensures sponsor prior approvals and other grants management record-keeping is filed and complete.
- Assists with financial inquiries and preparation for annual audit review
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- At least five years’ experience working in a grants/contracts, sponsored research, or finance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, or any related field.
- Knowledge of typical grant award/contractual documents such as grant agreements, subcontracts, modifications
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), as well as a multi-office, multi-national environment
- Written and spoken proficiency in French and English is a must
- Understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFR, and US government regulations
- Experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development, and forecasting
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, including MS Office
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills (oral and written communication) in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on technical work and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail, and excellent time management
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus/added advantage.
How To Apply – Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Available Job Vacancy
You may be interested in this also:
Closing Date: 30th April, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE