The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
GIZ is currently recruiting for junior procurement specialist to join its dynamic team.
- Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF)- The regional project Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF) supports development cooperation programmes, enterprises and institutions in the introduction and implementation of broad-based agribusiness training for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Together with the GIZ project MOVE-ComCashew, ABF implements component 1 of an EU framework programme.
- This cooperation aims to develop and improve the capacities of actors along the agricultural value chains of cashew, cocoa, maize and livestock (cattle, sheep and goats) in 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in order to promote investment. Other project offices are currently in Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, and South Africa
Scope Of Role
- The Junior Procurement Specialist is primarily responsible for providing support within the department in dealing with all questions arising in this area and provides support for procurement processes and services in accordance with GIZ policy and standards
- In accordance with GIZ regulations and possibly in consultation with Head Office, assists with local procurement of materials, equipment, and services, invitations to tender and order processing.
- Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft.
- Assists with checking invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints.
- Assists with the safe transport of goods to destination.
- Assists with processing claims for damage to goods.
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Participates in tenders, in concluding service agreements, and in the purchase of materials and equipment, advises the officer
responsible for the contract and cooperation, and participates in entering into and processing financial agreements.
- Organizes distribution of office funds and other office supplies.
- Supports the project team with general administrative tasks.
Qualification Required & Experience
- BA / MSc degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, or similar.
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area.
- Solution-driven mindset.
- Ability to organize workload and deliver under the pressure of deadline.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and / or German are advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, especially Excel).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For The Junior Procurement Specialist Position At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/ABF/JP/24/08 in the subject line.
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 07 September, 2023GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE