Kinross Gold Corporation Latest Employment March 2022. Kinross Gold Corporation is a senior gold mining company with a diverse portfolio of mines and projects in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Ghana, Mauritania, and Russia. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Kinross employs approximately 9,000 people worldwide.
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometers southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second-largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open-pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Kinross Gold Corporation Latest Employment March 2022
POSITION: Mine Planning Engineer
- Evaluate and propose optimum mine planning solutions in achieving planned objectives and calculate ore reserves in accordance with established planning policies such as cut-off grades and legislative requirements
- Evaluate alternative designs and mine plans based on various operational scenarios with the goal of maximizing operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance at your workplace.
- Actively participate in the Company’s Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Appraise mining methods, processing methods, operating cost, capital spending, production schedules, dilution, and ore loss.
- Identify key engineering and mining success factors and issues that could impact the economic viability of mine plans and mine designs.
- Prepare engineering studies aiding resource estimates for life of mine planning purposes.
- Design and develop processes, practices, and methodologies in engineering and ensure alignment with the organization’s long-term strategy.
- Initiate and undertake projects to optimize performance within engineering and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards.
- Prepare bench development plans and monitor long and short term mine scheduling and underground activities to ensure compliance to the mining schedule
- Prepare and develop waste dump lift development plans and dumping sequences
- Contribute to the business capability to mine safely by actively identifying risks and threats to achieving targets and developing, establishing, and managing programs to ensure those risks are minimized or eliminated
- Develop safe working procedures and continually update SOPs when necessary.
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the section’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategies
Education and Experience
- Must have a first degree in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years mining experience at Open Pit mining environment
- Must have good working knowledge and experience with strategic mine planning and budgeting.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Open pit operation, drill& blast, as well as a general understanding of milling operations and mine maintenance.
- Must be able to perform financial analysis in a mining environment.
- Must be proficient with mine planning software systems for pit optimization and design, preferably Surpac, MineSched, Whittle
- Must have basic knowledge of all phases of mining &milling operations and proficiency in spreadsheet-based cash flow analysis.
- Must have a thorough understanding of surface mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Must have strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, MS Project)
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s License
HOW TO APPLY – Kinross Gold Corporation Latest Employment March 2022
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE