BRICS Africa Consulting has a new job vacancy.
- Direct Reporting: Chief Executive Officer.
- Supervises: Marketing Manager, Accountant, Administrative Officer, Digital Marketers, Programs and Event Coordinator and all administrative staff.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The General Manager is responsible for directing all day-to-day operational activities and functions of the ESKEL GROUP OF COMPANIES and its subsidiaries; including developing standard management practices and administrative procedures, strategic initiatives to drive revenue, preparing periodic business reports and other required reporting.
- The General Manager is a critical member of the senior executive management team, responsible for ensuring that all subsidiaries of the ESKEL GROUP achieve strategic objectives while maintaining high levels of business success and operational excellence. It is a high-impact role that requires a results-oriented individual with a proven track record of delivering business results.
- The General Manager reports directly to and assists the Chief Executive Officer on all strategic issues relative to managing strategic planning activities and business analysis while ensuring that all essential systems and procedures remain robust across all subsidiaries of the ESKEL Group.
- The General Manager is also responsible for partnering with Chief Executive Officer to establish standards and best practices that support the organization’s strategic growth plan. The GM shall ensure that the Group’s business processes and activities support the Group’s strategy and achieves the plans and strategies support the objectives of the board.
Strategy Development and Execution
- Develop, implement and maintain the overall strategic plan for all subsidiaries of the ESKEL GROUP OF COMPANIES, ensuring that the strategic plan aligns with the mission, vision, and values of the group and reflects in operational outcomes.
- Work with the operational and administrative teams to identify opportunities and provide strategic recommendations to the CEO on business development, growth and expansion.
- Oversee all operational activities including, sales & marketing, purchasing & Logistics, contract management, people and performance etc.; across all subsidiaries to ensure that strategic objectives are achieved.
- Convert strategic objectives into actionable plans and provide strategic direction in alignment with standard operating procedures for performance and growth, helping to implement and achieve goals.
- Monitor and report on progress towards achieving strategic objectives
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures across all subsidiaries and ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all the companies under the ESKEL GROUP and ensure efficient and effective delivery of products and services.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive operational process improvements and system developments and specifications for operational projects that ensure feasibility and financial viability.
- Supervise financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting for operational activities of all subsidiaries of the ESKEL GROUP.
- Ensure financial targets are met or exceeded with accountability for the overall profitability of operational activities across the group.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks and advise the Chief Executive Officer on long-term financial risk planning and goal setting.
- Drive commercial operations planning and execution efforts to achieve profitability and optimal financial and operational performance.
- Monitor financial performance and provide regular reports to the executive team
Transport and Logistics
- Responsible for overseeing the fleet management and maintenance functions of the Eskel Group.
- Responsible for managing driver relations and streamlining logistics and transport operations.
- Responsible for technical work supervising and coordinating the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment of the ESKEL GROUP OF COMPANIES.
- Ensure that the group’s fleet of vehicles is in good condition, safe, and operating efficiently to support the group’s operations and all drivers conduct their functions professionally and effectively.
- Develop a system to track all vehicle and driver performance with periodic evaluation and improvement of same.
- Manage, lead and coach the administrative and operational teams to ensure continual improvement in the capability, knowledge and performance of the team.
- Oversee the performance management process as per policy and procedures of the Group.
- Responsible for analyzing, making strategic recommendations, benchmarking of sales and implementing business development plans.
- Manage relationships and develop partnerships in the tourism market to include hotel and military partners
- Create plans for selling of tourism and logistic packages.
- Partner with revenue management team on pricing to meet park revenue goals.
- Manage all tourism sales collateral creation and ensure implementation in the country and beyond
- Negotiate and draft partnership agreements
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Tourism management is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related field. (Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Experience working in multiple industries preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering business results.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong financial acumen and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy At BRICS Africa Consulting
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE