Here is the Latest Job Vacancy At Right To Play.
- Department/Division: Country Office/ Program Department
- Authorized to work in: Ghana(Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
- Target Start Date: Immediate
- Contract Duration: Long-term engagement with an initial one-year contract
The Logistics Officer reports directly to the Country Director (CD)/ Head of Office (HOO). The incumbent is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization. He/ She is responsible for the planning, oversight, management and coordination of logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of projects.
The incumbent also manages the Stores, Fixed Assets, support administration, fleet management and oversees the execution of rehabilitation projects. The incumbent works closely with the Country Director/ Program Manager/ Director, Finance Manager/ Officer and Project Officers as required.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES Time%
In accordance with Right To Play (RTP) approved policies and procedures, the incumbent:50%
Logistics and Supply Chain Management: (50%)
- Coordinates with all units for timely program implementation.
- Ensures compliance with procurement procedures as per the Field Finance Manual, Procurement Manual and donor requirements.
- Identifies what goods/equipment needs to be replenished, purchased and/or dispersed.
- Follows up with vendors e.g. delivery schedules of goods and other procurement related concerns. This includes coordinating with the vendors/service providers for the delivery and transportation of the goods for the program.
- Maintains a file or record of suppliers through the Supplier Database, ensuring that they are compliant with Child Safeguarding and Fraud Policies of Right To Play
- Ensures suppliers are vetted properly when required.
- Works closely with his/ her team and vendors to obtain needed materials with particular attention to cost control, quality and timely delivery.
- Handles contract management in regards to renewal, payment etc.
- Provides guidance to the CD for the procurement committees’ constitution and for arranging meetings to make purchase decisions.
- Liaises with relevant government ministries, customs authorities and other departments for the clearing of imported goods.
- Ensures proper documentation of all Supply Chain processes.
- In Coordination with the Program Team and CD, he/ she is responsible for creating and maintaining the procurement plans for all the projects and CO.
- Oversees fleet concerns that includes the daily movement of the program and support staff, mobilization of program supplies for distribution and for trainings/workshops in compliance with RTP and donors requirements.
- Responsible for the submission of the monthly Fleet Analysis.
- Accountable for keeping track of all supplies received and dispatched through the Warehouse Tracker and for keeping documentation for these movements intact, including acknowledgement from beneficiaries for distributed goods/kits.
- Supervises, monitors the detailed recording of all warehouse and stock movement activities consistent with RTP procedures requiring complete accuracy and timely delivery.
- Ensures proper warehouse management. This includes storage space, condition, and the actual storage of stock.
- Prepares appropriate forms for procurement and designation of project and maintenance materials ensuring approval by the appropriate RTP staff, in consultation with the Finance Manager/ Officer.
- Ensures maximum availability and implementation of controls and monitoring mechanisms for all logistics assets such as vehicles, generators, computers and all other technical items to maximize efficiency and ensure regular maintenance.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring asset management and updating asset list as required.
- Ensures appropriate management of telecommunications systems; Follows up with IT service provider for maintenance of office computers, Mobile Companies and others.
- Provides updates on all logistical activities to the CD on a regular basis.
- Maintains familiarity with relevant logistics compliance issues as required by policies of RTP, donors and legal statues in order to ensure compliance.
- Facilitates and oversees all logistics services such as travel arrangement, booking and ticketing, visa applications, vaccinations, hotel and taxi booking.
- Oversee the RTP residence/ office to ensure a safe, productive and comfortable work/living environment for staff members.
- Follows up on leases for all RTP Offices.
- Oversees all office building and provision of utilities, highlights facilities and maintenance needs and coordinates with service providers.
- Adhere to the organization’s financial, behavior, and ethics policies.
- Supports in events management by conducting market research, sites visits and negotiations for space contract and agreements on food and beverage, ordering event supplies and audio-visual equipment and keeps track of event finances including checks requests, invoices and reports.
- Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of the procurement documents/ forms, asset management forms, fleet management forms, warehousing documents/ forms, distribution reports, and other relevant documents relating to supply chain and makes sure these documents are readily available and completed accurately.
- Ensures appropriate filling purchase orders to ensure accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes.
- Ensures appropriate logistics filling systems to include all equipment, manuals, maintenance schedules are in place and well documented.
- Follows-up on all procurement orders originating from the field, utilizing tracking sheet in order to be informed of the status of field site procurement requests.
- Manages all in country staff transport, ensuring coordination with colleagues, partners and transport contractors as necessary.
- Participates in regular progress meeting with staff and follow up with the action points agreed.
- Participates in projects planning in collaboration with relevant staff.
Rehabilitation Project Management: (10%)
- Manages all technical and scheduling project aspects and coordinates with other team members toward an effective and efficient execution of the project.
- Coordinates with RTP hired consultants and specialists to ensure proper and on time implementation of the project.
- Follows up on the implementation of the rehabilitation work and provides Program Manager/Country Director with continuous updates.
- Follows up with contractors on quality of delivery, delivery date, payment and project end.
Safety and Security: (10%)
- Manages RTP Security Staff and improve professionalism of the security team as necessary.
- Ensures strict safety protocols are being carried out for all RTP activities including but not limited to, transportation (e.g. Motorbike and vehicle policy) and off-site activities.
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring of the security situation and implementation of security measures according to RTP security guidelines as concerning situation emerges.
- Attends all in country I/NGOs security meetings.
- If necessary, manages the evacuation of field-based teams in collaboration with the Country Director.
Team Management: (5%)
- Improves the professional capacity of the country- based staff by providing regular trainings of relevant logistics topics.
- Communicates frequently and appropriately with colleagues, including those who reports directly to you and works closely with.
- Carries out the performance appraisal of the direct reporting team.
Performs other duties as assigned: (5%)
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management, logistics, administration or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in logistics and/or procurement in national or international level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under tight deadline and under pressure.
- Integrity and details focused.
- Excellent research and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage a team and provide feedback.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Understanding of quality control processes
- Ability to use automated procurement systems.
- Understanding of fleet management
- Skilled in record keeping and documentation.
- Good Experience in Security and Safety Management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Previous experience with an I/NGO
- Degree in Project Management.
(A) PROBLEM SOLVING
- The incumbent is expected to follow the established work procedures while using analytical skills to solve work related problems.
(B) FINANCIAL IMPACT
- The incumbent is expected to be accountable for purchasing goods and items within the assigned budgets.
(C) INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- The incumbent is expected to keep information, records, data and files related to procurement in safe place and share the information only with the authorized level.
(D) CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- The incumbent is expected to introduce improvements to the quality, price, and management of goods and assets.
(E) RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- The incumbent is expected to enhance relationships with suppliers and vendors by keeping in contact with them and ensuring all invoices are being paid on time.
- The Country and Project Staff.
- Vendors, consultants, contractors, ministries and service providers.
How To Apply For The Latest Job Vacancy At Right To Play
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the link below to apply with your resume and cover letter in English.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately, and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE