The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is advertising a new job slot that will be remote. The organization is looking to hire a Procurement and Finance Specialist – IPSA 10. This a short contract meant to last for 6 months.
Training Development and Delivery:
- Develop comprehensive training materials outlining step-by-step guidelines on Travel Request (TR) creation and post-mission closure processes.
- Conduct thorough training sessions for new Travel Arrangers and Travel Processors in UNCDF, ensuring all members are well-versed in TR creation and closure procedures.
- Coordinate compliance of UNCDF to UNDP travel policies and guidelines, ensuring compliance with organizational standards and cost-efficiency. Enforce travel policies, monitor compliance, and conduct regular audits to identify and address policy violations. Provide guidance and training to employees on travel policy adherence.
- Oversee travel arrangements for employees, including booking flights, transportation, and other travel-related services, ensuring a seamless travel experience.
Expense Management (Submission and Reconciliation):
- Implement effective expense management processes, including the review, approval, and reimbursement of travel expenses. Ensure accurate record-keeping and adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate the submission of UNCDF overall reconciliation reports to UNDP and GSSC, focusing on Purchase Order (PO) closure and reporting. This includes 2023 Year-end Financial Closing (Travel, Requisitions and POs for Inclusive Digital Economies (IDE) Practice of UNCDF).
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in all submissions, addressing any discrepancies promptly.
Also Read: Remote Job Vacancies in Scotland 2023
Required Skills and Experience
- You must have at least a Master’s degree in project management, economics, public/business administration, social sciences, accounting or related discipline with an additional 5 years of experience or equivalent Bachelor’s degree with an additional 7 years of experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible procurement, finance and travel arrangements experience is required.
- Excellent command of English and French are both required.
- Core behavioral Competency: Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
How To Apply: Latest Job Vacancy At United Nations Development Programme
Deadline: 1st December, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE