The service of a Legal Officer At Advans Savings & Loans Limited. The Legal Officer will assist the Head of Department in the following functions:
- To manage all legal functions of the institution.
- To supervise and coordinate the operations of the Institution’s legal and Associates legal issues
- To ensure the Institution is provided a good and sound legal framework to achieve its objectives.
View Also: Star Foods Job Vacancies For The Youth
- To manage all court cases.
- To provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues.
- To ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- To perfect legal documents.
- To manage the secretarial duties for the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- To appoint and manage external lawyers.
- To manage recovery risks.
- Provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues. These may include:
- Proposed new products
- Protecting intellectual property
- Financial offerings, financial structuring, securities offerings, compliance issue, non-disclosure agreements, outsourcing agreements and business strategic planning.
- Review contracts between the Institution and other bodies.
- Advise Management on legal issues and ensuring that the rights of the clients are protected
- Manage the Institution’s charged off loans and non- performing assets
- Manage all vehicle transfers and/or registrations for all branches.
Provide legal counsel to recover outstanding debts from defaulting Customers.
- Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues.
Undertake credit appraisals of customers.
- Examine newly published laws, acts and regulations and ascertaining how these affect the institution’s business.
- Perfecting of legal documentation.
- Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Prepare and create legal contracts on behalf of the Institution and representing the client in various legal proceedings.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Participate in relevant committee meetings such as disciplinary, credit, loan review etc.
- Ensure the recovery procedures are applied by the Recovery unit and the branch network
- Check the defaulting client’s files that come in for completeness and to take actions to improve their quality if needed (missing or unsigned documents)
- Take concerted decisions with Branch Managers on which clients and guarantors to seize – decisions based on different criteria (passing of Event of Default deadline, payment history, respect or breach of contract)
- Ensure an effective recovery set up for the operations of the company
- Manage the Relationship with valuers and auctioneers and ensure Advans Ghana obtains the returns it deserves.
- Develop comprehensive reports for external lawyers should we have to go to court
- Where necessary liaise with relevant departments to ensure that legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation.
- Minimum of a first degree in Law, a Professional Law certificate. A Master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- At least four (4) years post call experience preferably in a financial institution.
How To Submit An Application For Legal Officer (Advans)
Click on this Button to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE