Mastercard Foundation Calls For Job Applications. They are looking Finance Lead to join the team. The position holder will be reporting to the Regional Head of Finance & Accounting. The role will support the Programs teams and partners to oversee all financial aspects of program partnerships including due-diligence, budgeting, controls, contracting, financial reporting and analysis. The role will also act as the primary Finance contact for Program teams in-country.
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, financial controls.
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
- Ensure the managements grants systems is updated in a timely & Accurate manner with the correct financial information for each program.
- Ensure there are adequate business controls with the programs to ensure the safeguarding of the foundation’s assets.
- Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements.
- Provide periodic reporting on partner finance matters as determined by the partner contracts and ensure follow up actions’ items are closed as required.
- Troubleshooting and management of financial issues that arise during program implementation.
- Lead comprehensive program assessment processes ensuring quality control of the plans (Accountable for the quality of the Due diligence assessment).
- Lead the assessment of the organization capacity assessments especially as relate to the financials capacity of potential partners.
- Drive annual due diligence review process and updating yearly workplans with Programs teams and partners.
- Perform due diligence procedures on partners (i.e. evaluating financial statements, financial capacity, watchlist screening).
- Ensure programs comply with local regulatory requirements.
- Provide Financial Information & insights as pertains to program finance to support decision making.
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes within Finance.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or full accounting qualification is required
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Exposure to different cultures and work environment specially francophone areas.
- Strong Analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Project Management Competence.
- Working knowledge of Financial Internal Controls Management.
- Financials Reporting & Analysis experience including Budgeting, Financial Forecasting.
- Problem solving skills and good influencing skills.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Able to Identify & Mitigate Operational, Financial and Business Risks.
- Able to generate Routine Accounting Records and Financial Reports plus determine and apply correct accounting treatments.
- Excellent communicator, (excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills) with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures,
- Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Flexible, adaptable, intellectually curious and open, you are comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and willing to learn and change.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Lastly, Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Accra, Ghana
How To Apply – Mastercard Foundation Calls For Job Applications
Closing Date: 25th May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE