There is a New Job Opportunity At AirtelTigo. The successful candidate will join as a Procurement Officer in the Supply Chain Management Department. (S)He will ensure that sourcing strategies are executed, and cost savings opportunities are identified for the growth of the company. (S)He will report to the Director of Procurement.
- To ensure that all suppliers engaged are on the company’s registered list of suppliers. Engaging new suppliers to be pre-approved by the Chief Supply Chain Management Officer or the Procurement Manager upon passing the company’s pre-qualification and due diligence requirements.
- To ensure that there is a continuous, effective, and efficient procurement process of goods and services for the company.
- Ensure that a competitive balance of cost, delivery timescale and quality is negotiated for all purchases.
- Ensure purchase orders (PO) and purchasing contracts are issued in accordance with MIC
- Tanzania’s and Millicom Group’s procurement policy, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain a proper filling and monthly tracking system of the status of all the POs and contracts issued and updates provided to the respective heads of departments or specific project leads of user departments.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly reports (including commitments and cost analysis) as well as Internal Control requirements and audit tasks.
- Be the initial point of escalation for issues with suppliers Perform other duties and projects as required or assigned.
- Assist in the execution of relevant Internal Controls.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, Procurement & Logistics, Business Administration, or any other related.
- 2+ years of experience in procurement and/or related fields (preferably in the telecommunications industry).
- Certification in procurement management shall be an added advantage.
- Team player and able to manage stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated stable proven planning and analytical skills.
- Independent and with a good work attitude with a high level of integrity.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represent who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.
How To Apply For The New Job Posting At AirtelTigo
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 15thJune, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE