MSG is seeking qualified personnel for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded family planning activity in Ghana. The goal of the activity is to contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity through increased access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services to poor and underserved populations in Ghana.
Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) has a new job vacancy. MSG is seeking an outstanding candidate for the role of Chief of Party.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall technical leadership and managerial direction for the project. The COP will be responsible for the overall management and operations of the project and working closely with the Country Director, will be the key liaison with USAID. The COP will have technical and management responsibility for all Recipient personnel and be the Recipient’s representative to USAID/Ghana, the Government of Ghana, other donors, technical agencies and other key stakeholders, as required.
The COP will assume overall management for project finances, staff and partnerships. The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for addressing contract-related issues, including ensuring that Recipient financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards and that all project-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded prudently and responsibly used.
- Providing overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision and management to staff and the overall project team including staff, consultants and partner organisations.
- Providing overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, MEL plans and reporting.
- Serving as the project’s primary point of contact with USAID, other implementing partners, the government of Ghana and other stakeholders; ensure alignment and harmonization with other programs and stakeholders where appropriate.
- Ensuring interventions reflect high technical quality and are in line with the project’s scope of work.
- Leading and managing staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthening competency and expertise.
- Overseeing budget implementation and financial management.
- Identifying areas of risk in a timely manner and work to mitigate their impact by instituting systems that seek to minimize fraud, waste and abuse.
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- A degree in either Medicine or Nursing in addition to an advanced degree in public health, social sciences, international development or related field.
- Clinical experience in Family Planning service delivery.
- Ten (10) years senior level management experience leading the design, implementation and management of complex public health projects in Family Planning, of similar scope and dollar value ($5 million+), preferably in Ghana, of which at least 5 years as a COP, DCOP, Project Director or similar high-level executive position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of institutional partners and stakeholders, including high- level host country governments (including government of Ghana) and international agencies.
- Proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve goals, meet milestones and produce quality results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID systems and procedures pertaining to project design and implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, and financial management and reporting.
- Proficiency in at least one of Ghana’s local languages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply For The New Job Vacancy At Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG)
Please submit your application by filling out this online form via the below link.
Chief of Party (COP): https://forms.gle/pudrKmWvCYRY8RLV8
- This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
- All positions are contingent upon funding to MSG and approval by USAID.
- Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis.
- The submission deadline is the Close of Business on 9th August 2023.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE