Newmont Mining Corporation Open For Job Applications. They are looking to hire the services of a Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst – Fixed Term.
How to write a good CV for a job application
About The Role:
- Do you enjoy analyzing data to bring new insights to the implementation, continuous improvement and execution of procurement strategies, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire supply chain?
- Are you able to implement all sourcing and procurement requirements?
We are looking for a dynamic individual to enhance Newmont’s overall purchasing capability through the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and value-added activities, and actively support full potential and asset management efforts in the Africa Region.
AngloGold Ashanti Latest Job Opportunities May 2022
- Provide regional support to category management process regarding:
- portfolio tool planning.
- portfolio tool delivery tracking.
- coordinate the supply chain steering committee.
- coordinate global category delivery plans.
- lead the regional office sourcing and procurement activities.
Sourcing and Procurement Execution
- Facilitate the supply chain deliverables on supplier risk management and lifecycle procurement and contract management process.
- Lead on procurement of key categories.
- Track and validate procurement services for full potential.
- Provide procurement expertise support for the regional office.
- Identify, communicate and capture new enterprise spend areas and develop new suppliers to add value and drive cost savings.
- Research and provide market intelligence to aid procurement strategies.
- Seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities to deliver value for the region.
- Collaborate with effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services to deliver best outcome of value to their budget.
- Proactively interact with suppliers and external bodies to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa operations.
- Supervise allocated team member(s):
- prioritize and allocate tasks/responsibilities.
- check and control the quality of work outputs.
- develop the capability of team members.
Quarterly and Annual Business Planning Support
- Deliver supply chain requirements into the business planning cycle to verify effective business planning and forecasting process:
- annual budget planning
- quarterly reviews.
- ad-hoc reviews.
Strategic Analytical Support
- Provide strategic analytical support to drive alignment between supply chain, business planning and full potential:
- specifically focused on sourcing and procurement of materials (goods) categories and outline agreements critical for the business aligned business plan to procurement strategy.
- deliver periodic market research in support of regional and site-specific procurement deliverables.
- act as key interface with Business planning and full potential in tracking, updating and aligning on business objectives.
Qualification, Skills Ans Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of system implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and local customs and regulations.
- Supply chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of procure–to–pay transactional processes.
- ERP / EAP System knowledge.
- Life cycle procurement and contract management practitioner.
- Supplier risk management process practitioner.
- Between five(5) to seven(7) years of directly related continuous improvement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Between two (2) to three (3) years of supervision experience leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining business experience is preferred.
- Risk and supply chain management.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Visio.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound data management and market forecasting skills.
- Sound financial management and business process improvement skills.
- Service level management-inventory management.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound leadership and decision making skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Supplier relations and relationship management.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Consultation and facilitation skills.
- Position is located at Accra.
- Position requires regular travel.
Newmont Mining Corporation Open For Job Applications – How are Apply
Closing Date: 20th May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
[…] Newmont Ghana is also one of the best and most popular sites in Ghana to complete your national service. Applying to complete your NSS with Newmont will be a smart decision if you have a mining engineering background. Gain practical and theoretical mining experience on-site and off-site. […]