A Principal Travel Officer is needed At AfCFTA. The purpose of this job is to provide support and performs the operation of the to ensure delivery of results within the proposed budget and timeframe.
- Provide technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the division and directorate;
- Identify best practices and monitor the effectiveness of the division/directorate’s support to AU;
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation;
- Involve in negotiations;
- Foster and ensure implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships
- Support the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations;
- Develop training materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units
- Provide technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system and projects implementation.
Specific Responsibilities- Principal Travel Officer At AfCFTA
- Responsible for business travel for staff on a mission, recruited or separating leaving the AfCFTA, and contracts air travel, hotel reservations, procurement of goods and services and shipping operations
- Manage ground transportation for airport transfers
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the official travel for organ staff during missions, assumption of duty and end of service;
- Oversee corporate agreements with airlines, corporate Travel Card services; and hotel and restaurant reservations
- Update the SAP Travel system with details of the travel policy and airfares and hotel rates as negotiated with airlines and major hotel chains
- Negotiate preferential corporate airfares with airlines represented in the host country and all locations
- Negotiate partnership agreements for corporate airfares with airlines
- Prepare and ensure the signing of the contracts; input the negotiated tariffs in Amadeus and ensure their proper application and utilization by the AfCFTA directorate organs;
- Prepare periodic statistics reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual); calculate savings made in relation to the tariff ceilings authorized under the travel policy. – prepare requests for waivers and analyze the costs of exceptions granted by Managers with regard to travel
- Analyze travel data and statisticsProcurement
- Develops proposals on revisions to Corporate Procurement and Travel policies and procedures; develops and recommends a strategy for the effective implementation of procurement policies and reforms.
- Liaise with Partners on matters of mutual interest and best practices in Supply Chain
- Manages supervises and carries out the work plan of the Unit.
- Serves as principal advisor to senior officials; provides authoritative technical and policy advice on all aspects of procurement, travel, Grants and Contract Management; develops and disseminates best practices
- Directs and manages planning, solicitation, negotiation, and, if necessary, termination of contractual and procurement action.
- Provide advice to Management on all matters relating to Procurement
- Analyses and evaluates procurement requests and ensures the appropriateness of technical specifications in accordance with related established Financial Regulations and Rules, the Procurement Manual.
- Act as Secretary to Internal Procurement Committee and Tender Board.
- Coordinates the preparation of Departmental Procurement Plans and consolidation of the Annual Procurement Plan of the AfCFTA SecretariatCommission;.
- Negotiates complex Procurement Contracts and reasonable rates with Travel Service Providers.
- Reviews and evaluate the performance of vendors and contractors with an aim to achieve probity, accountability and proper performance of obligations by both parties.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree in Management, Transportation, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields with 8 years relevant experience in travel management and procurement of which 3 years should be at a supervisory level
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Transportation, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields with twelve (12) years of relevant work experience in travel management and procurement of which six (6) years should be at managerial level and three (3) years at supervisory level within an international, regional or national organization.
- Experience in web-based management / ERP system, such as SAP.
- Experience in management of air travels in a national or international organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
How To Apply – Principal Travel Officer At AfCFTA
Closing Date: 23rd May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE