A sales and marketing executive position is available at Savannah Fruits Company.
1. About Savannah Fruits Co. Ltd (SFC)
The Savannah Fruits Company manufactures and trades natural raw material for the cosmetic and food industries from Ghana. Our philosophy is to work with small holders and small-scale producers organized in cooperatives in order to keep value added in communities. Most of our products are certified organic and fair trade. We mainly sell to manufacturers and distributors worldwide. We are growing fast which is good but also challenging in many ways.
Summary of Position
The Sales & Marketing Executive will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with key customers, as well as identifying and closing new business opportunities. To market and sell SFC’s product to existing clients as well as prospected new clients worldwide; provide an efficient and responsive organisational, logistical service to the Sales department; communicate and market SFC as socially responsible company as well as the story behind all SFC’s products.
This position is key as you will be the link between commercial manager in Ghana and clients , ensuring constant communication and smooth day to day follow up on orders and deliveries. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise your workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner. As a remote position you will need to liaise constantly with commercial manager and Managing Director to whom you will report.
Sales and after sales
- Plan sales budget with Commercial Manager and MD
- Client meetings (In person or via video call) and attend trade shows in EU, USA, Asia.
- Prospect new clients
- Liaise with clients regarding after sales service and logistics to ensure they always have correct info on time
- Organize logistics to EU and US clients with right documentation with our logistic platforms
- Request Logistic quotes for DDP, DAP and CIF shipments
- Receive POs and plan orders (with Commercial Manager)
- Liaise with supply chain manager in Ghana to set refining/processing schedules
- Report to commercial manager
- Organize sending of samples worldwide.
- Stock reconciliation (discrepancies) and inventory cleansing – Ensuring old batches are used or reworked
- Completing questionnaires and dealing with Technical questions e.g Send requested Statements and Certificates
- Correspondence/ emails / complaints (logging for ISO purposes) / Annual Supplier Evaluation Requests and Customer Surveys for ISO
- On time invoicing
- Follow up on payments from Ageing Report and update Financial Reports e.g SFC Sales Forecast and Invoiced
- Generate right documents generated on MIS and get production schedule
- Set up new clients on MIS, set up payment terms and request VAT and EORI numbers if required
- Produce Proformas on MIS for new clients and others when required
- Prepare monthly sales reports
- Comfortably use social media platforms to ensure extensive and good exposure and storytelling online
- Visit production sites and communities in order to create content and narrative to clients
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of B2B sales experience, ideally with a focus on oils and fat sector
- Be familiar with international trade, sales administration and logistics
- Graduated to degree level in BA, Sales and/or marketing
- A good deal of common sense, diplomacy and firmness with clients and service suppliers as well as remotely with staff in Ghana
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with little supervision
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Sage)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Willingness to use social media to give updates on SFC stories in Africa
- Bright, dynamic and confident personality
- Highly personable
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Ability to communicate in person and over email in French is a plus
This position is full-time and can be based in Ghana, the US or Europe with travel required to Holland and West Africa. The salary is competitive with exact salary depending on experience. We also offer benefits such as communications stipend, SSNIT & Health Insurance and paid leave after a probation period of 6 months.
How To Apply For The Sales and Marketing Executive Position At Savannah Fruits Company
Please send a cover letter and CV to Samuel Asenso, HR & Administrative Manager at email@example.com by midnight on August 1st, 2023
- Please title application document as Sales Executive Application
- Ex: Ruhiya_Alhassan_Sales Executive Application
- Please use “Sales Executive Vacancy” in the Subject Line when applying via email
Please do not call the SFC offices to enquire about this vacancy.
The Savannah Fruits Company is an equal opportunity employer and we value having staff who come from communities that are most impacted by our issue. We especially encourage women and people with disabilities to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE