Savannah Fruits Company has a new position for a general financial manager.
About Savannah Fruits Co. Ltd (SFC)
The Savannah Fruits Company is a Ghanaian registered company based in Tamale in northern Ghana. SFC was founded in 2006 on the belief that business can, and should, produce social good and contribute to the sustainability of our planet’s ecosystem.
SFC’s mission is to empower rural West African women through production of the highest quality soaps, shea butter, and other oils and fats, while practicing socially and environmentally responsible business and ensuring that value addition at source is maximized. SFC is a Ghana Free Zone Company and must act accordingly to the Ghana Free Zone Authority (GFZA) compliance scheme.
Summary of Position
SFC is currently experiencing distribution expansion and sales growth and has been establishing new offices outside of Ghana – Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, and Netherlands.
The General Finance Manager will be working with these branch offices, the Country Finance Manager, the HR & Administration Manager, the Ghana Finance Department team, supervise and improve all elements of the financial management, accounting, closing, and reconciliation processes.
The GFM will report to the Managing Director and the Internal Auditor & Compliance Supervisor and will be based in Accra, Ghana, but with frequent travel to other office locations, in and outside of Ghana.
The role will focus on five areas:
Analysis: Implementing and improving ROI analysis of key operational spend areas such as trade spend, sales promotions, media investment, and other marketing investment; as well as analysis of new projects such as capital investments, IT systems, new business opportunities, and other investment decisions such as potential M&A.
Reporting: Providing timely reporting to the key decision makers, including sales and profitability by channel, customer, and product line. The GFM will also be involved in the preparation of a monthly reporting package with a clear analysis of performance vs. budget and prior year. Ensuring that all accounts are reconciled before reporting. The GFM will ensure that all returns are filed timely to local authorities in each country to avoid any penalties
Planning: Improve the budgeting and forecasting process and help instill this discipline in the organization. Also be involved in the three to five years strategic planning process. As a growing company SFC needs proper tight management of cash flow in coordination of all SFC offices, with a particular focus on both Production and Commercial Departments.
Accounting: One important area of focus will be inventory and cost accounting. This is a critical position in the Finance organization in this dynamic and fast-growing company. It is important that the General Finance manager has a business partner mind-set and can work cross-functionally in the organization.
Funding: Another important area is securing funds and grants for various projects improving the economic, social and ecological environment of the communities SFC works with.
- Compile all information needed to build a regular and concise reporting framework that highlights key financial and operational performance metrics, including sales and profitability by customer and channel, trade spend performance, and other KPIs.
- Work with the Finance Department team and the Internal Auditor & Compliance Supervisor to prepare a monthly financial reporting package with clear analysis of performance against budget and prior year.
- Prepare and submit all quarterly reports for GFZA.
- Be involved in the annual budgeting process – work with all functional leaders and the top management to complete a realistic and achievable budget, for approval by the board of directors.
- Develop and implement a regular financial forecast process to update the financial outlook throughout the year.
- Manage closely cash flow to ensure availability of production funds.
- Support the Managing Director and executive team on key financial decisions.
- Support monthly financial processes, reporting and analysis to ensure transactions are properly recorded on the financial statements.
- Implement, document, and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Drive optimization of cost improvements by providing ad-hoc analysis/support.
- Develop metrics to use in performing root cause analysis of variances from standard costs.
- Provide financial oversight of physical inventory reconciliations and cycle counts.
- Partner with Production and Supply chain to develop accurate costs for each product.
- Control and monitor costs at every level to enhance company’s performance
- Implementing and improving analysis of standard costs including labor and overhead absorption.
- Supervise the safeguard the company’s assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with International GAAP and other laws/regulations of Ghana.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting (continuous improvement).
- Work with other members of the finance team and the executive team to prepare board and investor materials.
- Support external auditor requests.
- Secure donor funding and grants with follow-up of related reporting.
Required Skills or Experience
The qualified candidate will not only possess a proven track record in finance and accounting but will also demonstrate a sincere passion for working within a high-performance, mission-driven organization. We seek a candidate with a passion for personal and company growth and the following skills and experiences:
- 8+ years of financial management and accounting experience
- CMA/CPA required
- Industry experience in a goods manufacturing is preferred
- Proven ability to operate ‘sleeves up’ in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to work with a team
- Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal resilience and a desire to win in the marketplace
- Ability to travel frequently to Tamale and other field production sites in Ghana and West Africa
This position is full-time and is based in Accra, Ghana, but with frequent travel to other office locations, in and outside of Ghana. The salary is competitive, depending on proven experience. We also offer benefits such as a communications stipend, SSNIT & Health Insurance and paid leave after a probation period of 6 months.
How To Apply For The General Financial Manager At Savannah Fruits Company
Please send a cover letter and CV to Samuel Asenso, HR & Administrative Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on August 1st, 2023
- Please title the application document as General Financial Manager
- Ex: Ruhiya_Alhassan_ General Financial Manager
- Please use “> General Financial Manager Vacancy” in the Subject Line when applying via email
Please do not call the SFC offices to enquire about this vacancy.
The Savannah Fruits Company is an equal opportunity employer and we value having staff who come from communities that are most impacted by our issue. We especially encourage women and people with disabilities to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE