Canada is seeking exceptional talent from throughout the globe. The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, unveiled the Tech Talent Strategy. The intention is to advertise Canada as a location for digital nomads.
I will cover every element and the application procedure for the Canada Digital Nomad Visa in this post. Someone who can operate remotely from any location in the globe is known as a digital nomad.
There is much to learn about this new Strategy. Under existing immigration regulations, digital nomads only require a guest visa to migrate to Canada for up to six months at a time to work remotely for a foreign business. In addition, some digital nomads in Canada may decide to look for work with Canadian companies. If they are offered a position by a Canadian company, they can apply for a temporary work permit or even permanent residence in Canada. Let’s find out more about it.
Canada Digital Nomad Visa Requirements
To work remotely from Canada, digital nomads do not require a work visa. You can stay for up to six months at a time.
You are eligible for a Nomad visa if you meet the following criteria:
- Working for a company based outside of Canadacan do your duties remotelywant to visit Canada
Advantages of Being a Digital Nomad in Canada
- You do not need a work permit or an employment offer from a Canadian business to be a digital nomad.
- A digital nomad can apply for a “Visitor Visa” under existing immigration rules.
- To relocate to Canada, digital nomads merely require visitor status.
- Digital nomads might also look for work with Canadian companies.
- If a Canadian business offers them a job, they can apply for a work permit from within Canada or Convert Canada Visit Visa to Work Permit.
Time Required for Processing
The Digital Nomads application currently takes 0 to 2 months to process.
The Canada Digital Nomad Visa Application Process
The Canadian government hasn’t said anything about the application process.
Because these digital nomads just require visitor status, you can apply for a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa).
You can apply through the Canadian government’s official website if you are a digital nomad or remote worker. They now offer a special section for digital nomads.
Links to Official Websites
More information about the Canada Digital Nomad Programme can be found here.
Apply for a Nomad Visa online: Click on this link to learn more.
Select Canada. You are gifted. They have possibilities.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE