The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (UBC) is pleased to announce its call for applications for Master’s degree studies for the 2024/2025 academic year.
The UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) provides opportunities for students from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue undergraduate and graduate studies at UBC.
The University of British Columbia is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people. Scholars in the Program have a demonstrated commitment to giving back to their communities and develop the leadership needed to contribute to social and economic transformation across the continent.
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- must not already have a graduate or PhD degree;
- be 35 years old or younger at the time of application (i.e. born in 1988 or after);
- be a citizen or a refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country (listed here);
- have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances
- show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to their home community
- be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- not be a person who claimed or will claim asylum or protected person status after arriving in Canada;
- commit to returning to Africa in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others;
- be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Faculty of Science
*Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program only covers the expenses of the admitted scholars.
*Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply for this award.
*Funds from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC cannot be applied to pursue programs at other academic institutions.
You May Also Like:
How To Apply For The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE TO APPLY ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Deadline: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application December 1, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE