Application for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for a 2-year Master’s degree is now open for the 2024–2025 academic year!
What is Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship?
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Each year there are two opportunities to apply for QECS – cycle 1 opens in November/December and cycle 2 opens in March/April. You only need to submit one application, but you are welcome to apply more than once if there is another country you are interested in studying in.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship eligibility
- Citizens of a commonwealth country
- Interested Applicants with refugee status in commonwealth countries are also eligible to apply.
- They must have earned a 2:1 or higher in their undergraduate degree.
- There is no defined age limit for winning a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Award.
- Please keep in mind that each university may have its own set of admissions standards. Applicants must meet the university’s and course criteria too.
- Read More here
What does the scholarship cover?
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
How to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2024/2025
The application form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
- Review the list of countries, universities and courses to decide where you would like to study and apply to. This information will be added to this page below when applications open.
- Once you have decided, view the relevant university website for more information on your chosen course.
- Complete and submit your QECS application form. All QECS applications must be submitted through the online application form on the ACU website to be considered. Access the form using the ‘Apply now’ buttons below.
- Next, you will need to submit an application for admission to your chosen university course directly to the university – in addition to completing the QECS application form on the ACU website.
Application Closing Date:
The application closing date for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2024/2025 is January 10, 2024.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE