The position of Fatigue Monitoring Operator is open for application at Newmont Ghana. Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
About This Role:
- To manage operator fatigue on long-haul mining fleets to prevent fatigue-related accidents in our mine by keeping real time fatigue information such as micro sleeps, distraction, operator not wearing seatbelts etc. This information is used to activate the appropriate intervention such as calls to operator to assess fatigue level and alertness, calls to operators’ supervisor to remove operator from the equipment so he or she can rest.
- This person will be monitoring real time collision avoidance data installed on the mining fleet and provide assessment and reporting on near misses and collision events.
- This person will be a liaison between Radio Maintenance, Mantrac, Information Technology and System vendor for Hardware, Network, system and maintenance issues.
Read On: New Job Application At FAO
Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
- Certificate in information technology, computer science, or mining and mining related discipline.
- Experience in fatigue management system hardware and software will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in open-pit mining.
- At least one-year of previous supervisory experience in a Shift Supervisory position within large open-pit mining operations.
- At least one year of experience using a fatigue monitoring system in a similar environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills with proven leadership skills and willingness to cross-train at Mine Operations.
- Advanced computer skills and computer literacy including experience with the Fleet Management System (FMS) software packages, reporting tools, and production monitoring/Fleet Management System tools.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to support Ahafo emergency response and lightning detection procedures.
- Strong computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Microsoft Project, Programming, Coding, and Application Software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- System and database administration and management skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Technical reading skills.
- Well-versed in User and System Administration of diverse technical mining applications.
- Information Technology Programming, Structured Query Language (SQL) Scripting, Reporting, and System Management skills.
Application Guide: Call For Job Application At Newmont
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE