The position of a Detection and Asset Recovery Advisor is available at GIZ.
- The programme “Participation, Accountability and Integrity for a resilient Democracy” PAIReD) supports key state and civil society actors in building up capacities to implement a citizen-oriented, integer and accountable governance on local and national level.
- A special focus is placed on improving tax policy and tax management for a fairer and more sustainable mobilization of revenue and strengthening the regulatory capacities of the public administration for a more accountable and transparent expenditure planning.
- Furthermore, the capacities of state institutions for uncovering and prosecuting cases of corruption and money laundering are strengthened and competencies of civil society and media for their participation in accountability processes are being improved.
Scope of Role:
- In this role you are responsible for the technical, substantive and organizational implementation of a project’s measures and activities.
- In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases.
- Conduct assessments of the capacity and effectiveness of asset recovery management and detection agencies, identify gaps and design targeted interventions to improve the effectiveness of investigation and detection of corruption cases.
- Offer expert advice and guidance on detection strategies, methodologies and best practices related to corruption cases with a special focus on financial intelligence and analysis.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance the detection capabilities of the Financial intelligence Centre and other relevant intelligence agencies.
- Advise on the development and implementation of technology-based solution tools and software to enhance the detection and prevention of corruption.
- Provide guidance on the identification of suspicious financial activities, money laundering and illicit financial flows related to corruption
- Analyze existing asset recovery and management procedures of state anti-corruption agencies, identify gaps and design targeted interventions to enhance effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen asset recovery and management capabilities of law enforcement agencies and relevant agencies.
- Foster partnerships and networks with local and international organizations, agencies, and experts to enhance collaboration and knowledge sharing in the field of anti-corruption.
Qualification Required & Experience
- University degree in a relevant field of the Social Sciences, such as political science, sociology, economics, law, international development or related field. A master’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least 5 to 8 years’ relevant professional working experience – preferably working with international NGO or international
organizations in the area of good governance, anti-corruption, asset recovery management, financial intelligence analysis, antimoney laundering, illicit financial flows and serious and organized crime or another related field.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
- Strong command of the English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills
- Rendering result-oriented performance
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply: Detection and Asset Recovery Advisor at GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
quoting the Job Code 2023/PAIReD-DAR/11/10 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 25 October, 2023
GIZ is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE