There is a new position for an electrical engineer at Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited.
- Department: Energy Automation & Information Technology
- Job reports to: Energy Engineer
- Direct Reports: Electrical Technician
The incumbent will supervise the design, installation, maintenance of the plant and electrical equipment and ensure that the plant and infrastructure is built to design specifications in line with regulatory and company standards and to achieve the required project milestones.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Strictly adhere to Namdini Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and assist in the development and implementation of procedures that ensure that Namdini’s safety, environmental and programming standards are attained.
- Solve Electrical Medium and Low Voltage specific design and construction execution problems and ensure that the plant and infrastructure are built to design specifications.
- Review all engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing, and constructing electrical systems, controls, and their components including selection of electrical equipment types, cable sizes and protection.
- Assist in coordinating with electrical and instrumentation equipment vendors, to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Analyzes technical drawings, interpreting specifications, and determining the electrical requirements of a given project. This includes effectively using CAD software to draft designs.
- Manage and monitor all assigned electrical projects and contractors by ensuring quality assurance and writing technical reports.
- Performing electrical installations in various circuits including medium and low voltage systems.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications and datasheets in accordance with project requirements to ensure technical and regulatory compliances are met.
- Supports in developing and ensuring that all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Performs any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
|Minimum qualification (s)||
|Leadership and behavioural attributes||
|Special conditions or requirements of the Job
(Please list items such as overtime required, shift work required, appointments, legal requirements, etc. in this space)
How To Apply For The Electrical Engineer at Cardinal Namdini Mining
|Application Process||When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
|Closing Date||25th October, 2023|
|Note||Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted|
|Disclaimer||CNML is an equal-opportunities employer and does not ask for money transfers (payments or considerations) from job applicants during ANY stage of the recruitment process. Any applicant/ job-seeker who pays any money/consideration to any person (within or outside CNML) with an expectation or a promise of getting / offering a job does so at his/her own risk.|