New Job Opening for Environment Technician At Newmont Mining Corporation.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
About This Role:
- To perform activities regarding environmental monitoring, laboratory activities, concurrent reclamation and waste management to ensure all related environmental policies, procedures and standards, Ghanaian laws and regulations as well as Newmont Corporate Environmental Standards are complied with always.
In This Role You Will:
- Conduct in-house laboratory analysis.
- Undertake surface and groundwater related monitoring activities including field parameters.
- Conduct and document calibration of field sampling equipment daily.
- Conduct inspection of monitoring sites and report findings to supervisor.
- Conduct inventory of laboratory reagents and meters and report to Supervisor.
- Assist in measurements of rainfall data and download weather station data for input.
- Undertake air quality monitoring of PM2.5, PM10 and TSP and other related gases (e.g. NOX, SOX, CO etc.).
- Monitor blasting activities on site and report calibration due date of blast and noise monitoring equipment to Supervisor.
- Monitor day and night noise as scheduled with the assistance of Supervisor.
- Assist in the operation, monitoring and discharge of ECD’S, WSF and in-pit sumps.
- Assist with ecological management of water bodies.
- Operate the pump hoist rig for groundwater monitoring.
- Operate the Integrated Waste Management Facility and waste trench to ensure waste is stored correctly, treated and disposed of according to Newmont’s policy.
- Operate incinerator, compost and other waste management equipment.
- Inspect and receive hazardous and non-hazardous waste to comply with standards and regulation.
- Provide inventory of waste received at the waste facilities to supervisor.
- Maintain data and basic records of waste at the waste management facilities.
- Collect waste samples for laboratory analysis.
- Assist in slope stabilization and revegetation of disturbed land.
- Assist in the placement and installation of sediment control Best Management Practices (BMPs) and conduct corrective actions on areas demonstrating tendency for erosion.
- Carry out maintenance activities in established nursery to support revegetation of reclamation areas.
- Assist in the maintenance of reclaimed areas to achieve success criteria.
- Operate Hydroseeder equipment according to procedures applicable to a given soil type or slope angle.
- Collect monitoring data related to revegetation dynamics, soil characteristics, and optimization of plant growth.
General Environmental Management
- Participate in environmental inspections, audits and drills.
- Participate in environmental data tracking and verification process.
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvement in work practices.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety and comply with Newmont Ghana health & Safety policies and procedures that involve but are not limited to Safety inspections, Safety Training, Annual Refresher, Safety Talks, Incident Reporting and Investigation etc.
- Present information accurately at safety/environment meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Diploma in Chemistry, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Science, Engineering related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ environment experience working in the mining or related industrial operations.
- Interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds).
- Communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Goal orientated.
- Ability to multitask.
- Continuous learning.
- Position is located at the Akyem mine.
- The incumbent will mainly be a field worker conducting environmental monitoring, concurrent reclamation works and waste management activities.
How To Apply – Environment Technician At Newmont Mining Corporation
Interested persons should click on the button below to apply
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE