There is an Exciting Job Opening At UNHCR. The organization is interested in working with a hardworking and open-minded individual who is willing to act as its Representative P5.
Duties For The Exciting Position At UNHCR
- Stay abreast of the challenges posed by the local political context.
- Manage a consultative process within the country operations and with external partners.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that generates political and financial support for UNHCR’s operations. Mobilize financial support for UNHCR corporate priorities as well for country specific projects. Operations
See Also: Massive Recruitment At Underground Mining Alliance
- Implement a results-oriented approach, engaging a robust Multi-Functional Team, for assessing, designing, delivering and monitoring the country operation.
- Ensure that the protection strategy is fully integrated into the country operations plan and that necessary resources are allocated to it.
- Ensure the country‘s operations adherence to UNHCR’s policy on Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming (AGDM).
- Ensure the country operation plans are consistent with the regional and global strategic priorities; manage a participatory process, with stakeholders, to apply UNHCR’s standards and indicators in assessing and measuring the performance of the country operations.
- Promote accession to the Convention and Protocol, and ensure the application of protection standards in the treatment of persons of concern especially women and children
- Ensure persons of concern, especially women and children, have access to relevant information; ensure that cases of sexual violence and abuse against girls and boys are reported and dealt with expeditiously.
- Ensure the engagement of UNHCR in the UNCT, UN common programming, planning and funding activities and to actively contribute in the establishment of the CCA/UNDAF and the consequent joint implementation activities. – Participate in the Cluster approach, ensure UNHCR’s Cluster Lead role and implement other IASC and inter-agency/UN policies.
- Ensure that risks to the operation¿s objectives are regularly assessed, priority risks are identified and risk treatments for the priority risks form an integral part of the operations plans.
Check Also: Ongoing Recruitment At Ghana Institute of Architects
- Ensure that staff and financial resources are commensurate with operational objectives.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of resources within the rules and procedures of UNHCR.
- Establish and manage local administrative mechanisms such as a Local Contracts (or Purchasing) Committee, Local Asset Management Board and APPC.
- Ensure local compliance with UNHCR’s human resources (HR) policies including on gender, disabilities, diversity, ethics and HIV/AIDS.
Manage a process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Where necessary, identify the most appropriate affiliate workforce and optimize its use.
- In coordination with the Global Learning Centre, ensure that the learning needs of UNHCR¿s workforce in the country are identified, assessed and addressed.
- Exercise effective managerial oversight, direction, guidance and support and conduct regular performance appraisals and coaching. Security
- In close collaboration with the Designated Official (DO), UNDSS and UN country team/Security Management Team (SMT), gather and analyse information on the local security situation and play an active role in the inter-agency security and contingency planning processes.
- Ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect staff, and that the country operation complies with UN MOSS/MORSS staff security rules, guidelines and procedures
- Represent UNHCR in the UNCT/Humanitarian Country Team and other inter-agency fora.
- Decide on the country strategy and priorities, country operations plans, and approve the country operation’s protection strategy.
- Enforce local compliance with UNHCR’s global protection, programme, finance and human resources and security policies and standards.
- Negotiate and sign local agreements with implementing and operational partners.
- Authorize payments as per the organization’s Delegation of Authority Plan (DOAP) and in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Modify operational projects and reallocate funds, within the approved budgets and in respect of donor earmarking.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Recommended: Job Announcement At National Identification Authority
- Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For P5 – 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree Field(s) of Education:
- Business Administration;
- International Relations;
- Political Science
- Social Science;
- Human Resources Management; or other relevant field.
- (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential):
- Certificates and/or Licenses HCR Learning Prog;
- HCR Managing Operatns Lrng Prg;
- HCR Protection Learning Prg;
Relevant Job Experience
- Senior positions in a large governmental or international agency. Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services.
- A high level of skill in management of broad programmes, political decision making and negotiating, as well as demonstrated tolerance to frequently changing and highly charged situations.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operations.
- Ability to manage for results: translates strategic aims into achievable plans, with established priorities, monitors them, making periodic adjustments as required.
- Ability to effectively represent UNHCR at the senior level in internal and external meetings and to build strong relationships with clients. Desirable
- Knowledge of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications.
You Might Also Like:
Open Slot At Ghana Water Company
Employment Opportunities At Ghana Commodity Exchange
Besa Manufacturing Company Calls For Job Applications
Ongoing Job Recruitment At Ghana Institute of Architects
How To Submit An Application For The Exciting Job Opening At UNHCR
To submit an online application, kindly click on this Link
Closing Date: 15th December 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE