The position of gender and youth advisor is currently available at GIZ.
- The programme “Participation, Accountability and Integrity for a resilient Democracy” PAIReD) supports key state and civil society actors in building up capacities to implement a citizen-oriented, integer and accountable governance on local and national level.
- A special focus is placed on improving tax policy and tax management for a fairer and more sustainable mobilization of revenue and strengthening the regulatory capacities of the public administration for a more accountable and transparent expenditure planning.
- Furthermore, the capacities of state institutions for uncovering and prosecuting cases of corruption and money laundering are strengthened and competencies of civil society and media for their participation in accountability processes are being
Roles and Task:
- Facilitates joint public education and awareness campaigns with CSOs on anti-corruption and accountability at all levels with target on women and the youth.
- Identifies possible intervention areas on the role of women and the youth in the fight against anti-corruption.
- Organises capacity development for women and the youth in contributing to accountability and the rule of law.
- Ensures the mainstreaming of women and youth in all intervention under the component relevant to these target groups.
- Contributes to the development of educational materials with focus on gender and the youth.
- Reviews and provides technical inputs that are relevant to the component and the success of the programme
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a field of study relevant to the position with a special focus on media and journalism
- At least, 5 years working experience in the field with excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Working experience with International Cooperation around topics on gender, youth, civil society, anti-corruption, accountability and good governance.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply: Gender and Youth Advisor at GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2023/GYA-PAIReD/09/10. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your
Closing Date: 23 October, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE