A Gender & Influencing Specialist (IPADEV) is needed at Plan International.
The post holder will actively champion and contribute to Plan International’s gender transformative programming and inclusion policies through capacity building of staff and partners at all levels within the IPADEV project.
- Lead the delivery of robust gender equality assessments and strong analytical skill, especially in the application of ‘Gender Transformative Marker’ and understanding of project cycle management empowerment are essential to provide relevant technical guidance.
- Support and coordinate IPADEV project gender equality advocacy and influencing agenda which combines high quality programmes and bold, credible influencing to catalyse large-scale transformative change for children, especially girls and young women.
- Ensure Project staff and key partners have the tools, skills and capacities to fulfil core gender equality and transformative standards relevant to the needs of the beneficiaries and operating context. This includes providing training, mentorship and ongoing capacity development for staff and partners.
Check Also: Careers at Newmont Mining Corporation
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualification and Experience
- A Masters degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Sociology
- Ideally minimum of 5 years solid experience in gender issues in the NGO/voluntary sector
- Experience of developing and implementing Gender strategies
- Experience in influencing and advocacy
- Understanding of contemporary WASH issues in Ghana
- Understanding of the Convention of the Rights of the Child, Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and other human rights instruments.
- Good knowledge of women rights issues at country level and globally, and instruments
- Good knowledge of children rights, the CRC and other relating right instruments,
- Knowledge and Understanding of the links between gender equality and children rights
- Knowledge of Gender analysis programme frameworks and their applications to child rights programming
- Good training and presentation skills
- Technical and research skills in gender equality with a focus on girls human rights,
- Good gender analysis skills,
- Ability to provide guidance to research and policy development
- Good English and French, written and verbal skills
- Ability to build internal and external networks
- Good organisational and project management skills
How To Submit An Application For Gender & Influencing Specialist (IPADEV) At Plan International
To apply, click on this Link
Closing Date: 14th December, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE