The successful candidate will join AT Ghana as a Head of Treasury Operations in the Finance Department. (S)He will report to the Director of treasury and will manage efficiently and effectively the Company’s Cash flow and cash functions, banking relationships and debt portfolio for optimal cost.
(S)He would also ensure full compliance, accurate and timely accounting, reporting, lead projects and manage risk.
The Head of Treasury Operations will provide strategic insight on best industry practices, financial markets and the macroeconomic environment for cash management. The successful candidate will also help improve the internal control environment within the function, provide operational support in securing financing and oversee both treasury analyst and payment officer.
Read On:Job Opportunity At Stanbic Bank
• Cash flow and cash planning
• Manage the Company’s cash position per business, policy and control requirements and forecast cash flow.
• Manage and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
• Oversee petty cash management as per policy.
• Develop and implement tools to monitor variances.
• Report on cash flow and explain variances.
• Perform currency and closing cash balance checks.
• Provide explanation to variances in restricted and unrestricted balances.
• Report on Ghana Treasury.
• Own and monitor the cash book KPIs.
• Manage banks on daily working of facilities and other operational issues.
• Lead projects to optimise cost including automation of Treasury processes.
• Manage counterparty limits.
• Forecast and monitor foreign exchange/currency exposures and recommend strategies for managing the risks within the financial risk policy.
• Source competitive foreign exchange and currency.
• Lead and co-ordinate the implementation of corrective action on Bank reconciliation.
• Support all bank negotiations on fee structures and other services.
• Provide support to maintain and rationalise the choice of key banks.
• Manage and provide variance explanations to Interest income.
• Supervise the processing of all bank transactions including but not limited to roaming, direct debits, direct debit returns, unautomated payments, returned cheques and other miscellaneous transactions.
Debt financing and monitoring
• Ensure complete, accurate and timely provision of all documentations to ensure the execution and disbursements of all facilities.
• Develop and implement tools to effectively manage the loan/facilities book for compliance, accurate computation, accounting, and reporting.
• Manage and provide variance explanations to Interest expense.
Other Jobs at AT Ghana:
• Develop tools, processes, and projects to optimize all cost, including finance cost.
• Research and develop economic reports/bulletins on financial market and the entire macroeconomic environment, competitor insights and make recommendations to guide management decision making including that for financing negotiations.
• Partner Business Controls to develop, improve and monitor all controls round cash management.
• Ensure the integrity of all treasury and cash management systems.
• Partner the Payables team to develop and effectively implement a best- in- class payment process with the business strategy at focus.
• Supervise the payment process.
• Train Treasury officers to ensure a best-in-class Treasury function.
• Ensure Adherence to all internal control procedures related to Treasury operations.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Treasury director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a First Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
• Post graduate degree in Finance or Economics will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in corporate treasury functions preferably with multinationals company exposure.
• Relevant Audit processing knowledge
• Good Company and Industry Knowledge
• Strong fundamental understanding of financial concepts
• Good understanding of the macroeconomic and financial markets.
• Strong character.
• Positive, enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic attitude.
• Result oriented and high sense of integrity.
• Project Management skills
• Team building skills.
• Financial modelling skills
• Strong analytical and co-ordination skills
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage competing deadlines.
• Leading skills
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to Organization’s objective.
How To Apply For The Head of Treasury Operations Position
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to AT Ghana via:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for “Head of Treasury Operations” in the email subject to AT Ghana.
Closing Date: 02 August, 2023
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AT, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE