JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a US-based not-for-profit organization that specializes in public health. For the past 30 years, JSI has been providing technical assistance to health programs in more than 106 countries across a wide range of technical areas.
JSI is currently recruiting for an Immunization Program Manager based in Accra, Ghana, to support program implementation of a project focused on strengthening family engagement in immunization services in Kpone Katamanso a sub-district of Greater Accra.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO SUPPORT IMMUNIZATION ACTIVITIES FOR THE GHANA CDC GENDER-BASED INTERVENTION FOR IMMUNIZATION PROJECT
- Place of Performance: Accra, Ghana
- Start Date: TBD
- LOE: 20 days through July 31, 2023
- Purpose: To provide program support to the Ghana Family Engagement Project
Purpose of the project
- The purpose of the project is to understand and increase family engagement in household immunization decision-making. This will be accomplished through formative research on how families in Ghana make decisions about immunization and related gender barriers and opportunities.
- The team will develop and deliver tailored engagement strategies and messaging on immunization that emphasize a family-based approach. Mothers, fathers, and other influential family members of vaccine-eligible children will be engaged through community-based actors such as community health workers (CHWs).
- The interventions will promote health-seeking behaviors that are beneficial for both routine and COVID-19 immunization. Interventions will be evaluated for effects on increased family engagement in and endorsement of immunization; knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to immunization among male caregivers and other family members; and immunization uptake among children.
- The Immunization Program Manager will work closely with the Immunization Technical Consultant, the Gender Consultant and HCD Consultant to coordinate the design and implementation of a co-facilitation workshop and roll-out of program activities to increase family engagement in immunization services.
- The consultant will also provide management support to the data collection firm, as they implement baseline data collection, cleaning, and basic data analysis for the project.
- The consultant will be expected to review and provide input on all deliverables from contractor and other program consultants.
- The consultant is also expected to support the planning and implementation of a dissemination event of baseline data and support program documentation as needed.
- The consultant will coordinate regularly with the program team based in Washington DC and will be monthly reports on program implementation.
- The consultant will be expected to support program implementation of the project.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, International Development or an equivalent field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the health or development sectors
- Excellent skills and previous experience in program management
- Experience with immunization and/or gender-based strategies a plus at (sub)national levels in low-resource health contexts
- High level of creativity, adaptability, and expertise in delivering technical assistance consulting services to social entrepreneurs, innovators, and mission-driven international organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders from Ministry of Health to partners to frontline health care workers
- Professional proficiency in English and Ghanaian
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills required to interact effectively with end users/participants, as well as senior project leadership and partners
How To Apply For The Immunization Program Manager Position At JSI
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization.
We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked “Immunization Program Manager – CDC Gender-Based” to: Ghana.email@example.com
- Deadline for the submission of applications: July 13th, 2023.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE