The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Ghana seeks a suitably qualified Ghanaian National to fill the position of an Administrative and Accounts Assistant in its Accra Liaison Office
The successful candidate will carry out the following:
- Assist the Country Representative and Station Administrator with the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Accra Office.
- Assume responsibilities for general office administrative functions including, but not limited to, travel logistics, hosting of visitors, responding to telephone and other enquiries, planning events/conferences/workshops, drafting correspondences, scheduling appointments, support with staff recruitment, managing vehicle and office equipment maintenance, and managing procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain an efficient filing system and database for operations of the Accra Liaison Office
- Assist the Station Accounts Officer and Cashier to process and make payments as required in line with laid down procedures
- Manage Accra Office Petty Cash and associated expense reports in accordance with institute’s policies and procedures
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash certificates
- Work with the Station Accounts Officer and Cashier to ensure efficient financial reporting of all transactions
- Make and store photocopies of all original vouchers, invoices, receipts and other supporting documents of financial transactions
- Perform other duties related to the administrative and financial management functions as may be determined by the supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies in Secretaryship and Management with Accounting or a related discipline. A graduate degree in Public Administration or a related discipline will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar or related position in an international research organisation is preferable.
- Good office organization and human relations skills
- Good computer skills – spreadsheets, word processing, and other MS Office applications
- Good written and spoken English. A working knowledge in French will be an added advantage
- Must be a team player and a quick learner.
- Must be proactive and be able to worker with minimal supervision
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy At the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV (4 pages maximum) explaining their interest in the position, relevant documents and testimonials and the names and addresses (telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Applications should be addressed to The Station Administrator, IITA-Ghana, and submitted by EMAIL ONLY to: email@example.com.
Closing date: July 6, 2023
IITA is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
About the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Please visit www.iita.org for more information on IITA.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE