Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited has a new job vacancy. A vacancy exists in our Safety, Health and Security Department for the position of SECURITY GUARD
To manage the day-to-day security function and activities at the Process Plant to safeguard the movement of bullion samples to the assay laboratory, prevent anti-illegal mining activities and to ensure bullion shipment and other gold room activities are performed in accordance with Company Security Standards.
- Escort bullion samples from the Process Plant to the Met Lab for analysis and weighing;
- Safeguard the gold room for smelting duties;
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling and inspecting perimeter fence, equipment, and access points in the Process Plant, control access to and from the Gold Room and conduct appropriate searching;
- Grant access to Knelson Concentrator / ILR by booking entry of personnel to-and-fro working at the Pregnant Solution Tank;
- Respond to security emergency situations in the Process Plant;
- Support the in-house Security Supervisor for bullion shipments;
- Prevent losses and damage to property by reporting irregularities to duty security supervisor;
- Assist in the identification and assessment of security risks at the Process Plant and recommend appropriate preventive or mitigating measures;
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues;
- Secure the Process Plant for shut down activities by preventing theft incidents and other security related issues;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor in accordance with company policy.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in General Science or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in security duties in a gold mining company and/or with previous service in the Military/ Police Service or allied institutions;
- Previous commendable work with any private or public security organisation will be an added advantage;
- Exposure to modern assets protection techniques and procedures;
- Must be experienced in general security operations in a gold processing plant;
- Sound understanding of access control techniques and procedures;
- Experience in searching protocols and procedures both vehicle and human;
- Sound understanding of anti-illegal mining operations and the techniques to prevent such activities on the company’s concessions;
- Ability to write security report, read and interpret security operating procedures, and manuals;
- Good team player with strong duty of care skills;
- Must be proactive and demonstrate the ability to take appropriate initiatives;
- Ability to undertake security surveillance and work with intelligence in relations to security operations and make timely interventions and recommendations;
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism;
- Good communication skills and coordinating ability;
- Critical thinking and the ability to solve problems;
- Ability to keep and manage sensitive and confidential information;
- Ability to monitor, plan, organize and prioritize tasks;
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and database management;
- Must be circumspect in information handling and have exceptional attention to details;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work situations.
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy At Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees.
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant original certificates and academic records.
- Please ensure you send all emails to: email@example.com when applying for the job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Manager, Organizational Capability,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited,
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submission of applications is 5th July 2023
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE