The Rock City Hotel has an opening for an IT Manager.
- REPORTING TO: General Manager
The IT Manager will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel. Additionally responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at Rock City. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware, and software. Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements.
- Responsible for smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems – PMS, Point of Sale – POS, IPTV, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
- Responsible for overseeing configuration and operation of Rock City MAN/LAN, IP-PBX, Servers, Workstations, and the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
- Manage, schedule, assign duties and supervise IT Team. Evaluate reports submitted by team members.
- Develop and implement IT Related Policies, SOPs, and Protocols for the IT Department and for IT Resources in user departments.
- Develop and implement usage of system level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application and network performance profiling.
- Manage active directory and drive its effective usage in the Hotel.
- Prepare & implement preventive maintenance schedule for all IT hardware & software.
- Leadership in the establishment of project scope, technical strategy, budget and staff support requirements for new IT initiatives.
- Manage Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes and ensure daily backup is taken.
- Ensure that policies and procedures relating to PCI compliance are updated and enforced.
- Maintain a Help desk with progress tracking and escalation, to identify and implement solutions to IT related challenges within Rock City Hotel.
- Responsible for ensuring that IT Audit recommendations are implemented as per relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors and maintains proper inventory of hardware, passwords and software licenses.
- Submit Regular reports to management and Group Head, IT on status of IT in Rock City Hotel.
- Keep updated with latest hotel technology and security risks and adjust Rockm City Hotel risk posture accordingly.
- Able to perform other IT or Systems related tasks assigned by management.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related field.
- Must possess Recognized Industry certifications (E.g., Microsoft/Cisco or equivalents)
- Master’s degree in any Information Technology related field will be an advantage.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory / managerial experience.
- Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations.
- Must be flexible with working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Skilled in these hospitality related applications and/or systems (Opera PMS, Oracle Micros Simphony, Key Card Systems, IPBX, IPTV, Sage, Microsoft Office, Booking Engines, OTAs and Channel Managers).
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Strong leadership skills – able to manage and motivate the team
Rock City Hotel offers a fast-paced stimulating working environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your passion and talents. You will live and work within the peaceful and picturesque Kwahu region amidst its gorgeous mountains and thick green forests.
We also offer competitive salaries and benefits, combined with outstanding career development opportunities in what will soon become the largest conferencing, events, and family fun destination in Africa.
How To Apply: IT Manager at Rock City Hotel
If interested, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position in the subject line before 16th November, 2023.