JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) has a new job opening. JSI is seeking to hire a Finance & Operations Officer to join its dynamic team.
Ghana Strengthening the Care Continuum Project (GSCCP)
JSI is implementing the extended USAID Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana The goal of this extension is to allow Care Continuum to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV disease burdened region(s) by scaling up evidence based interventions.
Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), Western North Region (WNR) and Ahafo Region (AR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The activity is funded by USAID through the USA President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
S/he will be responsible for Finance and Operations and Logistics Management including but not limited to coordination of procurement, HR & Admin activities in the Western North and Ahafo Regions. This officer will liaise with the programs and technical teams on activities within the regions and provide necessary admin assistance for the workshops, meetings, and trainings
Job Location: This is a full-time position that will be based in GOASO, AHAFO REGION, Ghana.
Reporting Relationship: She/he will report directly to the Finance and Operations Manager.
Employment Timeline: Role is expected to be filled immediately and end in February 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance & Operations Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the project’s finance, procurement, Operations, HR and Admin activities with the Field office in Takoradi in the Western Region. This coordination includes the following:
The Finance responsibilities will include the following:
- In charge of preparing monthly cash flow needs of the project offices in the Western North and Ahafo regions. This shall be submitted to Finance and Operations Officer in Takoradi for collation and finalization.
- Work closely with the rest of the finance and operations team during preparation of the annual PEPFAR Expenditure Reporting each year
- Work with the Grant team to coordinate the activities of the CSOs in the Western and Ahafo regions.
- Ensure all Withholding Tax Certificates and VAT Relief Purchase Order (VRPO) due vendors are collected and handed over to vendors in the Western North and Ahafo regions.
- Responsible for photocopying and or scanning of all finance and procurement documents to the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager in Takoradi for further processing.
- Collate all Utility bills (Water, Telephone, light, postage) for the offices in Western North and Ahafo regions review and processing
The Operations responsibilities will include the followings:
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as required by the Finance and Operations Manager (FOM) and the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO).
- Prepare any monthly report as would/may be directed by the FOM.
- Coordinate and liaise with the following teams for smooth delivery of activities
- HR and Admin
- Programs and technical
See Also: New Job Vacancy at Tetra Tech
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Accounting or have a diploma from a professional course in accounting or financial management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an accountant or financial/administrative officer, preferably with a US Government-funded project.
- Experience working with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) as well as QuickBooks accounting software and excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and supervisory skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with an international NGO preferred;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
How To Apply For The New Job Opening at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked Finance and Operations Officer-GOASO” to: Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for the submission of applications: October,20 2023.
- Qualified persons based in the Ahafo Region will be highly considered
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE