The Rock City Hotel has an opening for a conference and banqueting manager.
- Reports To: Sales & Events Manager
The Conference Manager’s main objective is to plan, organize and manage the in-house details for large group and convention booking (e.g., Guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.) Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Focus on execution of all aspects of planning including coordination from the signing of a group contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, group resumes, and rooming lists.
Suggested: Latest Job Vacancy At Zipline
- Prepare facility use proposals and cost estimates, license agreements and related correspondence to clients.
- Ensure booking information is maintained.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline processes, and work cooperatively with client, IT and F&B teams to deliver a high-quality product and customer service exceeding client’s expectations.
- Receive and respond to suggestions and concerns from clients and the public, referring to the appropriate department for follow up.
- Participate in the development and execution of marketing plan and materials.
- Initiate sales calls via phone, electronic mail, surface mail and in person with the intent of aggressively marketing the Hotel to repeat and prospective clients
- Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file management in order to serve client and the employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness.
- Detail, up-sell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- Prepare the appropriate resumes and paperwork to ensure quality service i.e. Function sheet
- Attend and lead pre conference meetings as needed. Coordinate the pre-con between the client and hotel staff and review the details of the BEO with all parties.
- Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied. Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Oversees all billing details for hotel groups to include processing of deposits, direct bill applications, credit card authorizations and coordination with accounting.
Required Skills or Experience
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with emphasis in hospitality management, public or business administration, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3-5 years of increasingly responsible sales/conferencing experience in a hospitality organization, conference center or other similar public assembly facility, including supervisory responsibility.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally, both written and orally, in the English language.
- Excellent hearing necessary for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent vision necessary to view set-ups.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours including nights and weekends as required
- Strong relationship building skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
How To Apply: Conference and Banqueting Manager at Rock City Hotel
If interested, kindly send your application to email@example.com stating the position in the subject line before 16th November 2023.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE