Here is the latest job vacancy at Asanko Gold Ghana Limited. A vacancy exists in our Safety, Health and Security Department for the position of security supervisor.
The Security Supervisor will be responsible for implementing company security policies, procedures and standards to ensure effective coordination and supervision of security operations in all areas of the Mine.
- Coordinate all security operations to protect life and property;
- Detect and prevent crime within the mine and institute measures to ensure access control procedure is strictly enforced through effective screening and search;
- Supervise public and contractor security operatives for all security operations especially restricted zones;
- Lead in bullion shipments and ensure gold bars are secured by locking vaults after smelting activities;
- Supervise all security activities in the process plant 24/7 and ensure that Plant Intruder Systems are working effectively;
- Ensure that movement of items from stores or any part of the mine is done in conformity with laid down procedure;
- Supervise and monitor CCTV operations and shutdown activities to prevent and record theft incidents;
- Arrest, authorize arrest of offenders and conduct investigations on all security related breaches across the mine;
- Conduct joint patrol duties with public and contractor security personnel to ward off illegal miners on the company concessions;
- Ensure the preparation and keeping of security records, events, and submits daily, weekly and monthly reports to the head of security;
- Assist to periodically review security operations and present recommendations for improvement;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor in accordance with company policy.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Degree/HND in Security Administration or its equivalent;
- A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in security duties in a gold mining company with previous stint in the Military/ Police Service or allied institutions;
- A record of previous commendable work with any private or public security organisation with an investigative, criminology and legal background will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge and exposure in modern assets protection techniques and procedures;
- Sound understanding of access control techniques and procedures;
- Experience in searching protocols and procedures both vehicle and human;
- Sound understanding of anti-illegal mining operations and the techniques to prevent such activities on the company’s concessions;
- Ability to write security report, read and interpret security operating procedures, and manuals;
- Good team player with strong duty of care skills;
- Must be proactive and demonstrate the ability to take appropriate initiatives;
- Ability to undertake security surveillance and work with intelligence in relations to security operations and make timely interventions and recommendations;
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism;
- Good communication skills and coordinating abilities;
- Critical thinking and the ability to solve problems;
- Ability to keep and manage sensitive and confidential information;
- Ability to monitor, plan, organize and prioritize tasks;
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Database management;
- Must be circumspect in information handling and have exceptional attention to details;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work situations.
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy At Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees.
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant original certificates and academic records.
- Please ensure you send all emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org when applying for the job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Manager, Organizational Capability,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited,
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
Or email: email@example.com
The closing date for submission of applications is 19th October 2023
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE