Job Opening For Agronomy and Crop Scientist at IDFC. The International Fertilizer Development Center is looking for an Agronomy and Crop Science, FERARI.
The FERARI Program
Balanced fertilizers are essential for sustainable agricultural intensification. Widespread adoption of appropriate fertilizers requires a transformation of the fertilizer and food systems that must be driven by evidence-based agro-technical perspectives embedded in multi-stakeholder processes to create enabling conditions for adoption. This public-private program in Ghana “Fertilizer Research and Responsible Implementation (FERARI)” will integrate an on-the-ground implementation program to develop the fertilizer value chain and transdisciplinary research by PhD’s and Postdoc’s.
The program will, among others, interact with the Ghanaian Agricultural Program “Planting for Food and Jobs” to enhance its impact. The graduates will be supervised by internationally renowned universities and strengthen the research capacity at Ghanaian institutions, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in Morocco and IFDC. IFDC leads the program, carrying out the implementation component and co-supervising the researchers in the program.We need a scientist with experience in performing in-depth analyses of agronomic data and crop production with extensive experience in statistical methods and scientific writing, and conversant with soil-crop modelling.
Scope of Work
- Execute the work activities under the supervision of the FERARI Crop-Soil Simulation Modelling and Mapping and FERARI Country Coordinator.
- Critically review, quality control and analyze field data of agronomic trials
- Support development of a FERARI database system
- Analyses fertilizer yield trials using advanced statistical methods and modelling
- Supervision of Master students in statistics, modelling and scientific writing
- Draft reports and scientific journal articles
- Travel in Ghana for field visits, teaching and meetings.
Duration: 1 January 2023 – 31 December 2023, with the possible extension till 1 September 2024
Place of employment: IFDC regional office in Accra, Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
- MSc degree or PhD in agricultural or crop sciences
- Several years of experience in agricultural sciences and practice
- Experienced in the use of statistical packages and conversant with modelling in R
- Excellent conceptualizing capabilities to utilize theoretical analyses for disentangle practical problems
- Good communication skills and ability to teach
- Proven record of writing project reports and peer-reviewed journal articles
How To Apply For The Job Opening For Agronomy and Crop Scientist
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
To apply click on this link
Closing Date: 23 December 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE