The Country Health Information Systems and Use (CHISU) is a JSI led 5-year program designed to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information, and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making.
The program works with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders to strengthen the enabling environment for health information management and strategic planning to improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of the country’s own health trends and priorities.
Job Opportunity At JSI Research & Training Institute.
JSI Research & Training Institute is currently accepting job applications for person who have the desire to join its team. JSI is currently seeking a Finance and Operations Officer for activities on the Country Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU) global cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
See Also: Job Vacancies at Gold Coast Matcom Ltd
CHISU is a five-year program focused on strengthening health information systems (HIS), enabling sharing of data between systems and its use, and supporting countries’ self-reliance by enhancing capacity for local leadership and engagement in every aspect of health data.
As USAID’s flagship HIS and data project, CHISU’s work with USAID-supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders centers around four strategic objectives:
- Job Location: This is a full-time position that will be based in Accra, Ghana.
- Reporting Relationship: She/he will report to the Finance and Operations Manager
Check Also: Mass Job Recruitment At Letshego
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance & Operations Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project’s financial records, payments, and receipts. This management includes the following:
- Processing all accounts payable on a timely basis (E.g. Withholding taxes)
- Maintaining a system of tracking all accounts receivable including employee advances and analyzing them for action.
- Processing and disbursement of accounts receivable (E.g. balances from advances, Travel Advance, etc.)
- Entry of all project transactions into QuickBooks (E.g. Invoices, Advances, Expenses, etc.) if applicable.
- Perform end-of-month reconciliations
- Prepare any monthly report as would/may be directed.
- In charge of preparing Monthly cash flow needs of the project. This shall be submitted to the DFO and the Resident Advisor for review and approval respectively
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations on all financial matters
- Submit and pay on a timely basis statutory deductions to the appropriate bodies at the end of every month if applicable
- SSNIT Tier 1
- Pension Fund Tier 2 and 3
- PAYE to Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA)
- Withholding Tax to GRA
- Ensure all Withholding Tax Certificates and VAT Relief Purchase Order (VRPO) due vendors are collected and distributed accordingly.
- Responsible for photocopying/scanning all finance documents including payment vouchers
- With the support of the team prepare workshop budgets for approval and provide all logistical support for all workshops and meetings
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks, or activities as required by DFO
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or HND in Accounting or have a diploma from a professional course in accounting or financial management.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an accountant or financial/administrative officer, preferably with a US Government-funded project.
- Experience working with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) as well as an accounting software
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Other Suggested Posts:
New Job Vacancy At Metropolitan Life Insurance
Job Opening At ActionAid Ghana
New Job Opening At AngloGold Ashanti
How To Submit An Application For The Job Opportunity At JSI Research & Training Institute
Qualified persons are to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked “CHISU FINANCE & OPERATIONS OFFICER” to: Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 27, 2022.
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE