There is a Fresh Job Opportunity At WHO. The organization is looking to hire an Infectious Hazard Management Officer.
Objective Of The Programme
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies
Description Of Duties:
- Advise on the development, implementation and evaluation of the national strategies and work-plans pertaining to the prevention and control of high threat diseases of pandemic & epidemic potential or infectious risks and the implementation of evidence-based strategies to manage infectious hazards, interventions in high-risks groups and recommend measures for special attention, ensuring compliance with organization-wide IHM strategies.
- In close collaboration with the risk assessment, health information management and other teams in HQ and the respective Regional Office, monitor the early prevention, detection, verification, assessment and investigation of any risks of outbreaks and the dissemination of data related to the occurrence of outbreaks.
See Also: Job Opening At Wessex Pharmacies UK
- Adapt IHM global policies, concepts, tools and strategies and manage their implementation at the country level, for the prevention and, where feasible, elimination of diseases/epidemic risks. Work with partners, to improve approaches and methods of controlling epidemics in different epidemiological situations.
- Conduct the periodic reporting of infectious hazards activities, support the information systems and the monitoring facilitating integration with the national health information systems, as required.
- Contribute to the surveillance and risk analysis of infectious diseases; participate in the rapid response teams responsible for the rapid investigation of alerts, field risk assessments and early detection and response.
- Ensure that risk communication messages are technically sound and socio-culturally appropriate to induce, engage and empower stakeholders in the prevention, mitigation and control of infectious hazards.
Check Also: STAR-Ghana Foundation Job Opportunity
Essential: University degree in medicine, public health or health related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: Specialized training in epidemiology. Specialized training in infectious diseases.
Essential: At least two (2) years of national professional experience in planning, developing and implementing the control and prevention of infectious diseases programme including outbreak prevention and control, infectious hazard management and/or dangerous pathogens. Relevant experience with the inter-agency mechanisms used to coordinate international preparedness for and response to health emergencies.
Desirable: Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in developing countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infectious diseases, particularly in those areas critical for promoting a public health perspective and approach, such as infectious disease epidemiology, prevention or control, clinical management and significant practical application of this knowledge in an international context.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage projects, build partnerships with multiple partners in the context of health emergencies.
- Sound tactical thinking with ability to formulate clear comprehensive strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Respecting and promoting cultural differences.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Promoting WHO’s position in health leadership
How To Submit An Application For WHO’s Fresh Job Opportunity
To apply, click on this Link
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE