There is a job vacancy at the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI). They are looking to recruit a communications officer. The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI), University of Ghana, Legon, is one of the World Bank’s Africa Centres of Excellence (ACE) for higher education and research. The Centre is transforming into an agricultural innovation and entrepreneurship institution.
WACCI seeks an experienced and highly motivated Communications Officer to lead the implementation of a communication and visibility strategy to advance the centre’s operations.
The Communications Officer will drive the implementation of the communication and visibility
strategy under the leadership of the Director. This will include coordination of all the Centre’s internal and public events, publicizing the Centre’s news and events and managing the content of the Centre’s website and other social media sites.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
The successful candidate must have the following requirements:
- Candidate must hold a very good first degree in Journalism and
Public Relations; a Master’s degree in, Journalism and Mass Communications will be an advantage.
- Applicant should have excellent writing ability
- It would be great to also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and must be a team player
- You should have advanced competence of all Microsoft Office
suite applications especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Having a knowledge in Graphic Designing and the operations of New Media will be an added
Terms of Appointment:
- Two-year contract appointment,
renewable for an additional year
depending on the availability of
- Salary and Fringe benefits attached
to the post are attractive.
How To Apply – Job Opportunity At West Africa Centre for Crop improvement (WACCI)
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following attachments:
- Curriculum vitoe including names and addresses of three referees who can attest to the qualities sought
- A short vision statement (not more than 5 pages, font size 11, Times New Roman) outlining how the applicant would drive the Communications function of the Centre
Applications should be sent directly by electronic mail to the following
For Further information about WACCI, please visite their website on: www.wacci.ug.edu.gh
Closing Date: Monday, May 16, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE