The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) in partnership with DAAD is inviting applications for the MPhil in Seed Science and Technology programme. Successful applicants will enrol in January 2023 and will comprise the ninth cohort of MPhil Students.
Fully funded Canadian scholarships for international students 2022
This Call is an update of the in September 2021 published Call for In-Country/In-Region scholarships at WACCI (Ghana) with an original starting date of the programme in August 2022. The start of the programme was postponed by WACCI to January 2023. For this reason, the application deadline has been extended and the Call has been updated. If you have already applied for this scholarship, please contact the WACCI for more information.
The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition, stipends and accommodation for a two-year Master of Philosophy (MPhil).
DAAD scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who:
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) with above-average results of Second-Class Upper Division or equivalent
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country
Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from other less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
The application process contains two steps. Please be aware of the DAAD application deadline for pre-selected candidates as well as West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement’s deadline.
Scholarship Benefits- WACCI-DAAD 2022/2023 Scholarship Applications
|Tuition Fees*||annually||The regularly charged amount will be specified in the letter of award.|
|Study and research
|Printing allowance||once towards the end of scholarship||400 EUR|
|Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation,
|monthly||300 EUR (In-Country)
450 EUR (In-Region)
|Usually twice (beginning / end of the scholarship)||The flat rate travel allowance will
be specified in the letter of award
Application Requirements- WACCI-DAAD 2022/2023 Scholarship Applications
- Undergraduate Academic Transcripts
- Undergraduate Certificate of Completion
- MPhil Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Email address of (3) referees – Inform your referees before you use their email addresses.
- Application Fee of US$ 110 (Foreign Applicants) and GH¢ 200 (Ghanaian Applicants)
Visit the link for more information http://wacci.ug.edu.gh/content/eligibility-selection-criteria
How to Apply – WACCI-DAAD 2022/2023 Scholarship Applications
Your admission process will go through the steps below. Please take note of deadlines.
1. Complete an online form on the University of Ghana Graduate Admissions Page before April 20, 2022.
2. WACCI to submit shortlisted candidates to DAAD by May 12, 2022
3. DAAD will directly contact shortlisted candidates
4. Shortlisted candidates are to submit their applications via the DAAD portal by June 15, 2022
5. Scholarship awardees to receive notification from DAAD in September 2022
Please note again:
1. The latest time for payment of the application fee should be at least two days before the deadline for applications
2. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
3. Only paid and successful applicants will be considered for the DAAD scholarships
4. Limited scholarships (DAAD) are available for highly qualified applicants
5. Submit the following documents to your application portal
First Degree Academic Transcripts & Certificate of Completion, MPhil Proposal, Curriculum Vitae, Passport size photo
All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com / +233-30-707-9427
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE