Newmont Mining Corporation Advertisement Job Vacancy. There are looking to hire a Site Services Superintendent – Ahafo South.
- To provide a wide range of support in the management of contracted services, such as:
- Accommodation Management.
- Domestic Travel (Nationals and Expats).
- Facility Management.
- Transportation Services.
Responsibilities At Newmont Mining Corporation
- Identify, manage and audit properties for residential camps, user guesthouses in the catchment area and hotels in Kumasi, Sunyani in Ahafo and New Abriem in Akyem.
- Then, Manage reservations for all employees passing through the Ahafo/ Akyem Mine property.
- Conduct invoicing reviews and payments for services.
- Manage utility services, including payments for electricity, water, cable television and waste management.
- Also, Oversee all Ahafo properties (residential, offices, car park and warehouse), leases, maintenance and permitting of facilities, including:
- spatial planning, utilisation and management.
- inventory management
Health and Safety Management
- Communicate all Health and Safety procedures and protocols to site services.
- Inspect site service equipment and locations to ensure compliance to Newmont Health and Safety standards.
- Afterwards, Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Abide by and support others in adhering to safe and efficient site service practices to prevent damage to equipment, structures and injury.
- Oversee contractors, including third party bussing and staff transport to ensure compliance with Newmont Light Vehicle and control standards.
Regional Management Budget and Cost Control
- Lead the compilation and analysis of actual, budgeted and forecasted cost performance and financial results.
- Conduct monthly budget and performance reviews.
- Manage and control all site services cost centres and authorize cost limits for the department, within own financial authority.
- Compile reports on monthly costs allocations to the user departments.
Site Service Contract Management
- Establish and contract on specified Service Level Agreements with all contract site services/business partners.
- Coordinate and expedite the renewal of existing contracts to enable continuous on-site service provision.
- Manage all catering and janitorial contracts and oversee their compliance to Service Level Agreements, contract scope and company standards.
- Manage contracts with regional aviation service and travel service providers / vendors.
- Acquire, manage and administer all leased properties in Ahafo including offices, warehouses, residences and associated properties.
- Negotiate lease renewals and extensions, in collaboration with the Supply Chain and Legal departments, and prepare tenancy agreements, in line with the agreed objectives.
- Manage third party drivers who provide services for Senior Managers and Executives at Ahafo/ Akyem and ensure compliance with Light Vehicle Operating and Control Standards, safety, environment and other NGGL relevant standards.
Site Service Operations and Administration
- To begin with, Lead, control, motivate, supervise and maintain Site Services and associated resources to achieve established departmental goals.
- Then, Manage daily activities relating to contracted services and contracts administration.
- Also, Manage domestic travel and its supporting logistics, and confirm compliance with regional procedures and policy:
- manage protocol services.
- Must manage Ghana Travel Booking System (GTBS).
- Afterwards, Manage the coordination of all accommodation requests, outlining visitor / contractor information (i.e. dates of arrival and departure, Camp Section required) and forward to the site accommodation office.
- Additionally, Arrange all air, bus and private vehicle travel bookings through pre-approved vendors / business partners and / or own staff compliment.
- Manage internal fleet, fuel allocation, and permitting / licensing and ad hoc requirements.
- Must Manage all courier services.
- Manage all office supplies to ensure efficient usage.
- Lastly, Investigate all Site Service incidents and assist in establishing corrective measures.
Site Service Optimization
- Conceptualize methods and processes to reduce unnecessary wastage, inefficiencies or costs.
- Plan, initiate and execute special projects relating to cost saving and optimization initiatives for site services.
- Optimize on-site transportation services to make sure that all staff have easy access to and from the mine, at the most efficient cost.
- Oversee volumes controls for those consumed at the various mess facilities.
- Initiate investigations into site services where controls and costs are poorly managed.
- Finally, Make technical recommendations relating to the effectiveness and management of site services operational activities.
Site Service Stakeholder Management
- Liaise with the onsite accommodation providers to attend promptly to any accommodation and / or catering issues that may arise.
- Also, Liaise with janitorial service providers to attend promptly to any janitorial and waste management issues that may arise.
- Provide direct supervision to subordinates and attend to any query escalations.
- Then, Supervise site services activities conducted through allocated staff by:
- prioritizing and allocating tasks / responsibilities.
- checking and controlling the quality of work outputs.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring, coaching and guidance.
- performing the first level of performance appraisal.
- should be recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- recommending salary increases or promotions for staff.
- enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering / Facility Management / Project Management / Business Management or related field.
- Knowledge of contract management and third-party business relationships.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ relevant work experience working within a facility and/or Project and /or Business Management environment, of which 4 – 5 years should be in a Supervisory capacity.
- Advanced asset / contract and service management skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced contract management skills.
- Advanced decision-making skills.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A Strong leadership and management skills.
- Have a strong influencing / negotiation skills.
- A Strong risk / incident management skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
How To Apply For Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancy
Closing Date: 3rd May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE